StromTrooper banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from central Ontario. Bought a Wee last fall and have riden a total of 6 times so far. Mainly used as a daily commuter but hoping to do some touring (someday when I can get some time and my wallet back from the teenagers and wife).
+++Love the ergo's: completely neutral and comfortable.
?!?!?!A little concerned about the vibes above 5500. Really feel it in the foot pegs and bars (the seat insulates it out well).
Will be searching the posts (and checking the throttle body balance) to learn more. (That said, I came off an older Honda V4 that felt the same from idle to red line. Only the sound changed. Perfectly balanced = Zero vibes. But alas, old stearing, old suspension...)

·
Registered
313 Posts
Welcome to the crew. Make sure you check out the Canadian Troopers under the North America section.

As for the vibration, do you have crash bars on the bike? This has been an issue.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yeah, it has SW-Motech crash bars. Having read the posts about Givis it got me wondering.

The bike came pretty well loaded with farkles. Some of the suspects are:
- Early gen SWM crash bars (small ones) and skid plate.
- 17t cs (I think)
- windscreen upgrade
- new high end chain (u/k make)

Need to start looking at why and put some thought towards a strategy for hunting the vibes down. But we need some riding weather back...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Welcome! Good luck tracking down the vibe issue. And hoping that the weather stops messing around so we can all ride again :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks to both of you for the welcomes. I've checked out the Ontario posts. It's nice to know there's lots of us around.
D

·
Registered
323 Posts
Hey! there Dslag you can try just reving the bike up to the area where it vibrates and then press against the crashbars and see if the noise goes away also pressing on the crassh pan with your foot or suitable prybar you may be able to come up with something ....also there is a V-strom ride coming up ,May6th in the central Ont. area you may be interested in .Again check out the Canadian section to find info ... best of luck with those bad vibes ... I`m sure they can be sorted out. :thumbup:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. Not sure if I can make May 6. I think a canoe trip is on the books with the scouts.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Dslag,
I'm in Peterborough too. Should hook up for a ride soon. I don't think I can make the Barie ride this Sunday though.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Art,
That is very cool. We should hook up for a ride. Problem is, way too much on my plate right now...
Obviously not you but, I saw a silver Strom heading north on 35/115 by gasoline alley yesterday morning. He was heading south that same evening. Wearing a chartruese vest. Do you know who it is?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts