StromTrooper banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellow Strommers. I've been a dirt bike racer and street rider for about 20 years now and I decided I should grow up and get myself a proper motorcycle rather than always riding smaller cc street bikes etc... I also wanted something that could handle longer highway jaunts without feeling battered and without feeling like I was killing my machine. SO after much reading of the threads in this forum, I decided a DL1000 was for me. Last month I picked up a 2007 DL1000 in A+ condition from a dealer in So. NY - Locomotion Powersports - nice guys. The bike has a blue tank and fairings, however I've already begun to farkle. Here's what I've done and some future plans - please feel free to provide any cautionary advice or recommend must-do mods:

1. Wrapped the front fairings in 3M Matte Black Vinyl (was a ton of blue up front) - adding a tank protector to finish off the black look.
2. TB Fuel Pipe hose clamp upgrade due to minor fuel drip
3. Givi engine guards - on the way
4. Touratech mud fender - on the way
5. Murphs' kits fork brace - on the way (hoping the brace and fender play nice)
6. 1" raising links - I'm 6'4" 250lbs and want to keep some clearance in the back
7. Contemplating hacking off a bit of the rear fender, it hangs so low. Either that or "bike nutz"..lol (kidding)
8. Eventually get a skid plate for the bottom
9. MadStad adjustable windshield bracket installed - seriously reduces the buffeting
10. Givi winsdscreen for Yeti-sized riders - installed

I'll get pics up soon!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts