StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was headed home from Greenville, just around dark and noticed something in all the fun corners: sand. More than just a little, about a puckerload in each turn.

Apparently, because of this delightful little road's proximity to Greenville County's Reservoir, they used sand instead of salt (or chemical blends thereof) to treat the recent wintry precipitation on this asphalt.

So if you plan on being out in the delightful mid-sixites sunshine forcast for tomorrow - watch out.

I just learned that I'll be riding down to Greenville tomorrow, midday, if anyone would like to meet up.

Cheers, ride safe.

Norm

·
Registered
506 Posts
Wish I was there with you Norm (riding). Up here the roads are all solid white. Evidently we don't believe in mixing it with sand.

Have fun cruising around while I get my shovel out again...:beatnik:

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
and you were expecting?????
Generally speaking: golden cobblestones.

How's it going down there, are you headed to the bike show in Greenville?

·
Registered
114 Posts
old 25 is a great road but you can bet there will be something to trip ya up.
have you ever made the turn toward Saluda, run a few miles and then turn right onto mine mountain? dumps you out on Pierson falls road....run that road back up to saluda [dirt and mud combo road]. nice old mini RR tunnel about 1/2 way up.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I rode that route a week or so ago coming up from Travelers Rest, Old 25, Old Mine Rd., Pearson's Falls Rd (skipped the dirt section due to heavy rains that morning) 176 up to Saluda. Lunch at Ward's Cafe, 176 towards H'ville and took a left onto Lake Summit Rd. (Lots of mud) back onto Old 25 and then down the mountain to home! Fun with a few moment of butt puckering. :yikes:

·
Registered
149 Posts
have you ever made the turn toward Saluda, run a few miles and then turn right onto mine mountain? dumps you out on Pierson falls road....run that road back up to saluda [dirt and mud combo road]. nice old mini RR tunnel about 1/2 way up.
That's a great ride. Some challenges, but certainly not boring.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've Taken Pearson's Falls road up from 176 from the Tryon side up to Saluda, I'll have to take your suggestion, when I get some new tires with actual tread on them.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I rode that route a week or so ago coming up from Travelers Rest, Old 25, Old Mine Rd., Pearson's Falls Rd (skipped the dirt section due to heavy rains that morning) 176 up to Saluda. Lunch at Ward's Cafe, 176 towards H'ville and took a left onto Lake Summit Rd. (Lots of mud) back onto Old 25 and then down the mountain to home! Fun with a few moment of butt puckering. :yikes:
sorry to hav missed you, when ya turned on S Lake Summit you were 4 miles from my garage, yellow was kind of restless for a day or two , she must have caught the scent of another stromtooper nearby

1 - 9 of 9 Posts