StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took a look at my dl1000 k4 the other day, and found a half dollar size puddle of coolant under the left side of the engine. Then I took the lower fairing off, and found the leak. It looks to be the gasket between the outside cover and the engine casing. It’s leaking from where one of the screws is. I was tempted to tighten the screw, but since it is still under warranty ('04 purchased in 2/05), I am trailing it in for the service.

I am thinking hard about extending the warranty, although this doesn’t look all that bad. Doug.

·
Registered
241 Posts
There have been many reports of leaks from the radiator hose at the water pump. And loose clamps. Seems that on some bikes the paint prevents a good seal.

I declined the extended warrantee. Had it on my last bike and never used it. I hope I won't regret it.

·
Registered
441 Posts
It's coolant OK. My K4 litre bike had loose clamps after a few thousand miles. Just tightening them once was enough to keep all that glycol inside the motor. It's been fine ever since. Or as we might say in northern New England, "Evah since."

Ride well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts