StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Vendor
5,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because my shop is on our own property and we are also in one of the less populated counties of S.C., we expect Adventuretech to remain largely unaffected by the COVID-19 situation. We greatly appreciate the orders that are still coming in and are working six days a week.

However, Givi is in Mecklenberg county across the state line in N.C. and on lock down until at least April 15. So we are asking folks to call and check availability before ordering Givi products.

Everything else is as normal.

Please be safe. A lot is riding on it.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I am thinking about a shelf for my bike, but I think I should be careful with spending on luxury items...My job was supposed to end on Feb 28 but they extended for a month. No news yet on the new termination date but I think I will be terminated when people start going back to work. I am in IT and dealing a lot with issues of people connecting to the office, or general working from home issues... I need a front tire and someone to replace my chain...

·
Registered
907 Posts
I am thinking about a shelf for my bike, but I think I should be careful with spending on luxury items...My job was supposed to end on Feb 28 but they extended for a month. No news yet on the new termination date but I think I will be terminated when people start going back to work. I am in IT and dealing a lot with issues of people connecting to the office, or general working from home issues... I need a front tire and someone to replace my chain...
Max, you can replace your chain by yourself. I'm guessing you don't have a chain breaking tool so, this is the answer and what I will likely do next myself -
and

You should be able to manage the front sprocket yourself, too, with our help. If you don't have the 2 foot long breaker bar, maybe you can rent an electric impact gun from Home Depot for a half day.

Cheers,
Glenn

·
Registered
1 Posts
Lets wake up the thread. I received the lowering pegs, sidestand thingy. Givi winshield and the mirror extenders. Super happy with all. Thanks for the quick shipping. What Givi tank lock bags do you have in stock for a 19 1k? thanks!

·
Registered
340 Posts
I am in the process of ordering mirror extenders a shelf and 2 balls...Glenn, I have the chain, still waiting on the link and 16t front sprocket...Have the impact gun... I should have all i need tomorrow... :)

·
Registered
472 Posts
Hi Max, I think some people have warned about not using an impact gun on components of the transmission. I don’t know if this is really a problem. I used a regular socket wrench with a two foot steel pipe as extension, and had my son and a couple friends stomp on the rear brake and hold the rear end in place. This was when I installed the 16t. I used blue loctite to reassemble so it’ll be easier the next time around. Oh and don’t forget to bend back on the metal ring securing the sprocket nut first.

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
Hi Max, I think some people have warned about not using an impact gun on components of the transmission. I don’t know if this is really a problem. I used a regular socket wrench with a two foot steel pipe as extension, and had my son and a couple friends stomp on the rear brake and hold the rear end in place. This was when I installed the 16t. I used blue loctite to reassemble so it’ll be easier the next time around. Oh and don’t forget to bend back on the metal ring securing the sprocket nut first.
You can use an impact wrench, just leave the bike in neutral.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts