StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been riding in southwest Alabama? The trees are about to start to turn. All I need to do is change my oil and I will be ready for a big ride.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Hmmmmm....
South West Alabama.....lots of flat, sandy country. Shrimp, crab and oysters. Palms and swamp.
Mama lives in Chickasaw.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I live in central Alabama but I never really thought of leaf peeping in southwest part of state. maybe I need to think again. northeast Alabama yes.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm closeby in south Mississippi. ..let me know. ..be happy to meet and ride. I grew up in the mountains out west...I miss ANY color aside from green.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I'm in East Central Alabama and I still prefer riding up 200 miles to the Cherohala at least. Elevation is important to me, my favorite riding area is the Pisgah. But, for leaf peeping only, the ride up Paint Valley will be pretty next week. Just wish the roads were like 30 through eastern TN!

I've done the coastal areas, ridden most of Alabama etc. Actually, the leaves will probably be very good in NE Alabama this year. Plenty rain, moderate temps right now. So far the colors are bright. I'll be riding Cheaha often as the leaves fall...

I just did the TN/NC Cherohala and it was pretty good at 4500, the leaves are changing fast. Already getting brown above 5,000. Looks like the best time to ride will be next week above 4K...

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
I love Cheaha , was there 2 weeks ago. A little gem kinda hidden in that corner of the world. Just spent last weekend in North Ga. , NC , and TN. Leaf peepers were out in full force , but the roads were great.:thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts