StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I dropped off my Veek for the recall work on the wiring harness, my (most excellent) dealer was kind enough to give me a loaner bike - a Kawi Versys 650.

Back in 2009 when I got my Wee, I was deciding between the Wee and the Versys and, nothing against the Versys, but after having it for a week, I am SO glad I chose the Vstrom path....

The Versys is a fine, functional bike that is more fun than it looks, has a nice punchy little motor, a very comfy seat and GREAT rear break (front was a little weak), but otherwise feels a little toylike in comparison (smooth trans but with a teeny-feeling shift lever, skinny grips, dash layout is "meh") and as far as ergos go, I can tell the V-Strom, including the 650 Wee, just fits me way better.

Felt AWESOME to get back on the Veek and start hooning around with it almost immediately. Just feels so much more SOLID and well-built. Many thigns besides the obvious power difference stand out.

Nothing like a little respite to remind you what a great bike this is in so many ways.

·
Registered
15,540 Posts
Funny how those test rides can go. My dealer loaned me a Wee Strom while servicing my 800 BMW. Guess which one I preferred?
When the BMW got killed, I didn't morn it for long, I'd already gotten the Wee.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
We have a two-way tie for first place...best thread title, and best dealer.

Reactions: lilzip24
1 - 4 of 4 Posts