StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If anyone is looking for a good deal on a nice Garmin 2610, EdgeGPS just got another shipment of factory refurbs, and they have now lowered the price to $199. No affiliation, but I've read lots of good things about this unit and the vendor over at the ADV site. They had previously sold out of these at $260, and I was kicking myself for not picking one up. I just ordered mine today. http://www.edgegps.com/eCart/viewItem.html?idProduct=263

·
Premium Member
4,198 Posts
I sold two good used ones on eBay for around $150. With the Nuvi prices lower, I bet you can get one for $125.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I picked one up too.

Fast shipping, worked great, but I broke it in 2 days trying to put in a 2GB flash card from wallmart. It bent one of the pins it slides into in the slot, but Garmin is fixing it or replacing it, havent heard which yet. Works good in the car too! My dilemma: How the heck do I mount/power this thing on my vstrom??

15 dollars shipping was a little "Ouch" after I went through the purchase process....

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Just a heads up:
Gotta watch the deals on the older GPS's, sometimes their in the middle of changing over the product line and will cease to provide updates on the product and mapsource. Its one of the reasons I did not get a 276 and went with a Zumo 550. I felt its still fairly new and updates should continue for some time yet.
This seems to be the general adage at some of the Garmin forums I hit from time to time.
Just a heads up guys.

·
Registered
7 Posts
From what I can tell, you can still get updates with this series of 2610's. Problem is you start at 7, then have to pay for 8 or the new 9 when it comes out.

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
Check out this deal now. Now you get the latest map pack City Navigator 2008 for free when you get the unit! No worries about having to fork out more for the latest maps. Now it truly is a deal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts