StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought one of these Grease Ninjas. I figured for the money, I'd give it a try. It works really well by directing the spray downward, directly onto the chain. No overspray. No mess.

(The usual disclaimer: I have no affiliation or connection with this company.)

GreaseNinja Drive Chain Lubricator

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Thanks for posting I have never seen this. :thumbup:
Mike

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can you post an installed photo and let us know how it works?
It's not something you install. You clean the chain and place the device onto the chain as you rotate the tire. The oil sprays through little vents in the device directly onto the chain. No mess. I used it with the Dupont Teflon and it worked great. I'm happy with it.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Huh. With one motorcycle and six bicycles and a rowing machine, all with chain drive, this might be a good idea.

The Glee has a 525 chain, correct?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Ordered 2, one to keep on each bike as I travel.
Mike

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Looks way cool. Thanks to your post, and a buncha Seagram's I added to my Burger King Xtra-Large Coke, I just ordered one without thinking twice aboot it.

·
$Whatever$
1,599 Posts
Sweet.... Ordered one, and the wrong chain size............. Doh

One email and fixed...............:thumbup:

·
Registered
705 Posts
Now that all of you have had a couple of years with the product, would you recommend it?

·
Registered
7,437 Posts
Makes my cut away cardboard box that fits under the swing arm and up around the rear sprocket look primitive--but it works for me.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Makes my cut away cardboard box that fits under the swing arm and up around the rear sprocket look primitive--but it works for me.
I'm glad you mentioned that. I got my pizza for $9.00 and it came with a free box. Works just fine with no drips on the garage floor and when it gets saturated with lube, I use it to start bonfires. :thumbup:

·
Registered
705 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
To...what? And...why?
Well, probably don't want to turn this into another oil thread but I've used Suzuki chain lube as it was given at an event a couple years ago. Worked great and was really sticky and, to my ears, made the stock chain quieter in operation. However, really accumulated around the front sprocket and made a tacky mess. Somewhere I was given a small can of another brand of white chain wax type stuff. Seemed to work fine and certainly less messy. Can't recall the brand now but remember it was somewhat expensive and difficult to find locally. Most recently I've been using Lucas chain lube and it's more clear/white making the entire chain and sprocket area stay somewhat cleaner and I can get it at the local auto parts store. In between I've used a couple of the much discussed DuPont lubricants. All mentioned seem to actually do their job.

So the Grease Ninja has stayed and only changed the brand of aerosol to use with it.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Thanks for the explanation Rick.

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
A new question for an old thread... I recently became aware of this nice little tool and now have one in my hand. Very excited to save on all the overspray, this little thing will easily cut my chain lube consumption in half. Should pay for itself within the first couple of cans.

However, I do have a question for those of you that have been using one for a few years now...

From the video on their website, I note that the lube is very tidily sprayed only onto the O-rings of the chain. This would appear to leave the rollers and inner/outer faces of the chain dry and without corrosion protection. Has anyone had any trouble with corrosion on the regions that don't get any lube?

·
Registered
551 Posts
I've not noticed any corrosion. However I live in New Mexico and rarely see rain and the like when riding. However I think the lube will migrate to places other than the o-ring section of the chain. If it really concerns you, roll the wheel and give the chain a quick shot along the inner face of the chain as a last step. Still far less mess for the whole operation.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts