StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This forum has been been very, very helpful to me. Thank you to those who moderate and to those who participate in this forum. I can't imagine not having this forum to learn from. Also, some day maybe I'll go on a big adventure like some of you.

A year ago, I learned how to ride (MSF course), purchased my first bike and started experiencing what it means to ride. I ride to work more often than driving a cage. I'm pretty dang cautious on the bike and that works for me. And yet, I have fun, too. Lately, I have been taking 200-mile rides on the weekend. With the help of you all, I do my own repairs and I've made a series of repairs and performed maintenance on my '07 DL650, which has 56,000 miles now. Another great resource are the Dr. VStrom videos on YouTube.

I get together with a group of old farts that have been riding since their teens for breakfast sometimes, and with some others on Wednesdays for dinner at a Sonic, and I joined a group of riders at a local church. There is a lot to learn from people that have ridden decades.

I've learned a lot and put 5,000 miles on the clock. I know there is so much more to learn. When I started riding, some of you expressed caution. And, I appreciated that. A lot.

I'll toss one more thing out. About a month ago, I was at one of those Wednesday night dinners at Sonic drive-in. When I went to leave, several friends looked me in the eye and said, "Be careful." It was like they knew what was going to happen on the way home. A driver run a red light at about 30MPH at an intersection I was going through. It wasn't too close, but it startled me and I honked at him. He didn't like that and start hassling (matching my speed) and asking me what my problem was. And, then the police pulled him over. That was sweet.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I agree, nice post. I've been an inmate here for some time, now, and I find it to be a very informative, friendly forum, with lots of collective knowledge on tap. I, also, have cashed in on some good, useful info here. I think this is one of the more gentlemanly boards around.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts