StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, thanks to the users of this website for all the helpful information you've provided. As a re-entry rider (after too many years remembering my college Yamaha XS 500 days) the information you've provided has been great.

I have a 2008 DL650 Non-ABS (yes, Yellow) V-Strom with about 5,000 miles on it. Really love the machine and riding it. Haven't ever had any problems. So far I've added an OEM centerstand, a Sargent seat, a GIVI topcase and some Nelson-Rigg saddlebags.

Question: Any suggestions on GPS units to include any mounting issues you've had?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Matrix

"Free your mind."

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
I have a Nuvi 500, Zumo 550, and Zumo 660. I liked the 550 but there are quite a few features on the 66n that I prefer.

Before I had the Madstad brackets I mounted them on the plastic windshield mount (which appears to be fiber reinforced polycarbonate).

With the madstad, I used a 6" piece of 1" rectangular aluminum, which has proven rock solid.

Either puts the unit as close as possible to your line of vision, which I personally consider an important safety matter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts