StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I highly recommend Short Tronics for GPS repairs. My Zumo 550 which I love is discontinued and a comparable replacement with either the Zumo 390LM or the 590LM is more expensive that my original cost. Shipping costs to send it Canada Post from Ontario with tracking was $17CDN. Chris installed a new internal backup battery and replaced one button and repaired all of the rubber buttons for a total of $58.85US plus return US First Class of $16US payable using PayPal. I mailed it and got it back in only 13 days. Chris Short, President of Short Tronics provided estimate and notifications by email. Perfect service, fast and economical.
www.palmdr.com
Phone: 612/326-4364 but email is preferred [email protected]
Short Tronics, INC. ** 51612 US Highway 169 ** Mankato, MN 56001-6584

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,047 Posts
That's a great resource for those that loved their 550s like I did. I put vinyl electrical tape on the buttons to keep them working. My car has built in GPS so I was okay with leaving the 550 on the bike when I sold it.

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
Chris rebuilt my ZUMO 550 including:

>Complete screen(LCD and digitizer) ( +$46.95 )
>Internal Backup Battery ( +$11.95 )
>Rubber button repair/replacement of missing buttons ( +$17.95 )
>Replace original OEM battery (+22.95?)
>RUSH ( +$4.95 )
>Repair service labor ($28.95?)

I'm totally satisfied and Chris was prompt and kept me advised. I highly recommend him.

·
Registered
21,983 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have used his services for my Zumo 550. Excellent service at a reasonable price. You can't ask for more than that.

·
Registered
14,216 Posts
I talked to a guy at Garmin trying to reset my 2455. some function are not working. He said after the reset failed that when the touch screen bites the big one it's time for a new. Sending it back for repair woulda cost as much as a cheap replacement.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts