StromTrooper banner

GPS recommendations

963 Views 4 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Mac
I would like to get a "less" expensive GPS unit that will get me from point A to point B and also give me the ability to download trips/routes from other people. (Not sure I need the ability to set my own route using a computer, any thoughts here?).
I wanted to use my Iphone but then I have to worry about water and trying to find a good mounting system/power.
Let me know some good units to look at that work well and have impressed you.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
103 Posts
I bought this one from this place. Its a Garmin Zumo so its waterproof. The mount fit perfectly in the center of the bars and the smaller screen is easily visible and reachable without blocking the gauges. I hooked it up to the heated grip connector so it turns on and off with the bike. I think it does everything the bigger ones do . . . certainly does everything I need including custom routes and syncing to a computer. I dont know if "less" expensive is $399 for you, but this seemed to be good price, it came complete with everything, shipped quickly, and I'm pleased with it. Good Luck. Craig

Garmin Zumo 220 Motorcycle Navigation System at The GPS Store

· Registered
68 Posts
I simply went with a Garmin 60CSX and a ram mount on the handlebars. Great GPS and not too expensive. Not sure about setting up routes though. I generally know about where I want to go and might use a GPS to get in the general area (or to get me out of being lost) so overall it's worked well for me. I did get the cables so I could plug it in but so far I've only been using rechargeable batteries with no issues. It's waterproof and I can easily hit the buttons even with gloves on if I want to switch views.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.