StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And yes, I've tried searching and have read the GPS update thread.

What I'm looking for is rather specific. A GPS unit which will also serve as an xm radio receiver. Garmin has some vague references to it on their site, but only discontinued models are mentioned. Are there any GPS makers out there that have current units available that will do this?

·
Registered
667 Posts
Costco in Canada still sells the Zumo 665LM.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,216 Posts
US Costco only has the 51LMTHD listed on line. It has a built in forward looking camera too. Lifetime maps and traffic.
No XM listed. Dang, huh?

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Following since one day I may have to replace my Zumo 550 with XM.
Mike

·
Premium Member
4,650 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Do you have to have both in one? I use a Garmin 765T and a Sirius receiver. They are connected through wires to a Sena SM10 which then connects through bluetooth to my helmet.
I can use either/both/none when I ride. Most of the time I only have the Sirius receiver on my bike since I'm plenty familiar with my daily commute and don't need directions.

·
Super Moderator
13,078 Posts
I suspect no newer GPS units have a dedicated Satellite radio anymore but I also suspect you could get an external satellite receiver and connect it to the GPS's unit's Line-In or directly to whatever sound system you are using.

..Tom

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Or, use Pandora since it can now download your playlist to your phone. So when out of data signal you can still listen to your fav music.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts