StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ready to add one to my Strom and am wondering about positioning it. I think I really like the Mingsel set up but would like to see what others have done. Post em if ya got em!

·
Registered
646 Posts
My Garmin 76S using the Garmin handlebar mount.

Attachments

·
Registered
236 Posts
Here's mine. RAM mount on a Pat Walsh shelf, mounted high up so I can see the big number speedo.

Need to stiffen up the shelf to eliminate some bounce though.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Here's the case but the Garmin IQue wasn't in it at the time. The connection is to a 1" Ram ball on the handlebar clamp to the left of the steering stabilizer. The antenna visible on the right is the black disk with white logo magnetically attached to the head of a clamp hold down bolt.

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Handlebar ball mount (Ram):

Or you can use the suction mount & put it on the topcase for the guy behind you to see where you are going... :-D

·
Clever Title
515 Posts
Here's the case but the Garmin IQue wasn't in it at the time. The connection is to a 1" Ram ball on the handlebar clamp to the left of the steering stabilizer. The antenna visible on the right is the black disk with white logo magnetically attached to the head of a clamp hold down bolt.
How do you like that IQue on the bike? I like mine OK in cars, but the text is a bit small and fiddly. I don't want to have to took at it too carefully to figure out what I need to know. Have you had any problems with it?

·
38,048 Posts
If I was buying a GPS for a bike, it wouldn't be an IQue. It bought it years ago for a PDA and a GPS for the car. That being said, with a waterproof case it does the job well enough that I'm not compelled to get a different one. When riding, the voice prompts and map display do the job well enough that I don't try reading anything except the speed and time display on the top.

·
38,048 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I like the placement with the SW Motech holder. I had a GPS III+ on a RAM mount on the handlebars but this "front & center" location is much more convenient.

Very nice, very clean, looks factory. I do like the position as you do not have to move your head, keeping an eye on whats in front. Where did you buy it? I did a web search and found nothing like it.

1 - 20 of 146 Posts