StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in the Twisted Throttle SW-MOTECH Detachable Vibration-Damped GPS Holder (Suzuki V-Strom DL650 '12-) for use with my iPhone 4S. There isn't any detail as to what the optional Cellphone/iPod holder (large or small) looks like. Has anyone purchased this mount? If not - does anyone recommend a mount that will work in a similar fashion? I like the idea of having my phone/ gps above the dashboard for easy viewing. Thank you in advance.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Call Twisted Throttle. I've found their phone support helpful.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Once again greywolf you are spot on. Sorry for posting this in the wrong forum. I've decided to go with that mount plus a medium sized Navi-bag per the Twisted Throttle representative. I think his name was Doug.

·
38,048 Posts
Moved thread with glee.:biggrinjester:

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have the mount you are asking about and am very happy with it. I am using it w/ a Garmin Nuvi and the required RAM mount. I'm sure that you would be happy with it and it's location / construction if you can get a phone mount for it.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I got the Twisted Throttle SW-Motech GPS Mount with the "large" sized universal grip, since I have a case on my iPhone and any successor device to my iPhone 4S is likely to be bigger, not smaller. It works well with a 12V charger cable that runs to the OEM accessory port:

·
38,048 Posts
I have no problem reaching a Zumo above the instruments.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Not to highjack thread but... I need a mount for iphone with otterbox case. What are my options?

chuck

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you robardin! I do like that location a lot. I don't often need to look at my iPhone GPS, but when I do I don't want to look far. I shall post a picture with the NAVI Bag setup I'm getting.

·
Registered
94 Posts
my gps is mounted to the screen with the factory suction mount. Seems to be working good and lies just above the instrument panel

·
38,048 Posts
I wouldn't trust a suction cup on a motorcycle screen. It won't last for days on end like it will on glass in an enclosed environment an can fall a long way when it lets go.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Simple RAM mount. Cheap and works great.
[/IMG]

This setup puts the GPS in the center of the bike without covering up the instruments.

·
Registered
63 Posts
+1 I've had a few good experiences with GPS City.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

I notice that they are reselling RAM mounts not manufacturing there own. Did not compare prices from the manufacturer to the reseller, sometimes the reseller is cheaper than the manufacturer.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I got this from Twisted Throttle:
SW-MOTECH Detachable Vibration-Damped GPS Holder (Suzuki V-Strom DL650 '12-) - GPS.05.646.10200.B : TwistedThrottle.com
Kind of weird install instructions, but easy to figure out. The only thing I didn't like, was if you changed the position of the mount (swivel it up or down after installed) it loosened the hardware and the mount flopped around, requiring me to re-tighten the screws. It would take a simple knob on one side with a male bolt sticking out to make it adjustable. I couldn't find a metric knob, but a few rubber washers to prevent metal on metal wear and a few lock washers allow me to grab the GPS or whatever I have mounted and change the angle on the fly and still keeps it tight. I'll need to go on line to McMaster Carr or someone to get a knob. I'll include a pic when I do.

·
Registered
369 Posts

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts