StromTrooper banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post and I just recently signed up. I am looking for a reasonable GPS & iPhone holder for 2021 650 Adventure. I would prefer not to spend too much money on i, but don't want something that is "trash". Where do you place the unit on the bike that is convenient, safe, and does not interfere? Also do you folks have a favorite GPS model you use that won't brake the bank? Thanks and enjoy the spring/summer!

·
Premium Member
2,103 Posts
I quit using my phone for the time being as I have heard numerous accounts of the vibration destroying the stability function in the Iphone camera.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I quit using my phone for the time being as I have heard numerous accounts of the vibration destroying the stability function in the Iphone camera.
This happened to me, so I can speak to it personally. I have a RAM mount on the handlebar and after less than a year the camera on my iPhone because useless -- the image just kind of "shook" because the optical image stabilizer was trashed.

I did a lot of research into vibration damping mounts, but ultimately the answer was to keep the phone in my pocket. I'm looking at a dedicated GPS now.

·
Registered
2019 650xt. 2008 WR250F
469 Posts
I killed 3 iPhone cameras using them on my bars. If your going to use an iPhone I would use an old one and download offline maps using WiFi. It will work to get you started but you will get tired of it and get a GPS later on. I have no regrets buying a Garmin.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Ive heard the same thing about phones and vibrations on a motorcycle. I use a Ram X mount mounted onto an Adventuretech over the dash GPS mount. I bought a Garmin Nuvi a couple of years ago that fits right into the Ram mount.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts