StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll keep this short and sweet. What is a good handlebar ball mount for my Garmin Nuvi? Its going on my '14 Vee2. Pix would be nice.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Which model do you have? I know RAM makes a cradle specifically for a Garmin Nuvi 2455 (I have one on my bike). RAM's website can tell you whether they make one specifically for your model. RAM makes a nice handlebar ball mount for motorcycles too. The only photo I have handy at the moment is this one, showing the Nuvi 2455 on my Super Tenere. The mount is a combination of RAM part and homemade parts, and the sunshield is homemade.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
We use to have our GPS mounted on the bars using a ram mount.

But we decided to get Ricks as we prefer the GPS unit over the dash in a centre location.
We had tired another one on our DL650's but it vibrated so bad we went back to the handlebar mount.
Ricks boomerang works a treat, shakes a bit on rough roads but otherwise hardly any movement, easy to install and puts the GPS smack bang in the middle of the dash making it very easy to see.

Where our GPS is bike specific & came with a mount I think yours will need something like this which could still be used on Ricks bracket.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/sw-motech-universal-gps-kit

Cheers V2man & GotaV2

·
Registered
1,980 Posts

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts