StromTrooper banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
I didn't notice any change at all, not that I really pay attention to mpg anyway, lol. It's just a slip on, you are not changing enough to really effect anything other then looks, sound and weight. You might get a little power and may lose .5 mpg but not significant enough to even think about. Im.still breaking in the bike with about 450 miles on it now. My mpg have been around 35 to 38 but I'm very heavy on the throttle and haven't done a lot of highway traveling yet.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
Barely 3-4 tanks of fuel.
But I too doubt this would decrease mileage.
and you have a lot of break-in to go! (It just gets better).

·
Registered
788 Posts
I had an SV1000 with cut down yosh exhaust in Montreal for years. It was very loud, and I never got pulled over for it. Maybe the SPVM is just too busy shooting mentally ill folks to bother, and the SQ could never catch up.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
If any of you have ever installed an aftermarket exhaust then you will know the differences. Don't over think it, it's just a muffler. Throw it on and ride. I've done this in almost every bike I've ever owned and trust me that's a lot.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
If any of you have ever installed an aftermarket exhaust then you will know the differences. Don't over think it, it's just a muffler. Throw it on and ride. I've done this in almost every bike I've ever owned and trust me that's a lot.

Finally installed last Saturday. Left in the rear baffle. I think it sounds great. I can finally hear an exhaust note from a Vstrom. Thanks for posting. I had never heard of this brand. Seems very good quality to me, sounds great.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I'm glad you like it. It's very well made and sounds great. I've been happy with mine so far.

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Nice sound! I'm debating between the cheap Delkevic or Dominator or something I won't regret.

I have heard a few videos of the GPR, all sounded great. Where did you get it and for how much?

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Nice sound! I'm debating between the cheap Delkevic or Dominator or something I won't regret.

I have heard a few videos of the GPR, all sounded great. Where did you get it and for how much?
I used this ebay link uscg originally provided. The re-seller is on FL. Had some correspondence with them, they respond well, decent to work with.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Suzuki-Vstrom-1000-Exhaust-2014-2016-2017-2018-Euro4-Slip-On-Black-GPR-Furore/132935756246

Ships from Milan, IT via DHL. You get full tracking ability. Arrives fast.
I like mine a lot.

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
I ended up going cheap, got the round "Dominator", sounds great. Too loud with the baffle out though.. perfect with the baffle in. With baffle out it's an incredible rumble in the jungle lol. I'll post pics and videos in a new thread.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts