StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
It's not fair.

I want one too, but cops here are cracking down on anything that looks or sounds different from stock.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's not fair.

I want one too, but cops here are cracking down on anything that looks or sounds different from stock.
It's legal with the baffles in. I don't think too many cops will break your chops on a V strom to begin with. Are you located in the commie state of California, lol. I actually ended up putting one of the two baffles back in.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
It's legal with the baffles in. I don't think too many cops will break your chops on a V strom to begin with. Are you located in the commie state of California, lol. I actually ended up putting one of the two baffles back in.

Nah i'm in canada, my province doesn't like motorcycles.

·
Registered
59 Posts

Nah i'm in canada, my province doesn't like motorcycles.
You must live in Québec...where you can do nothing!. I'm there too.
And cities are worst than others like Granby..surely enough if you have a bike you get pulled over...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Nice bike...nice bark! "They" don't like bikes in Manitoba either, despite the fact that we can only ride them 5-6 months of the year. Ghastly insurance rates!

·
Registered
328 Posts
You must live in Québec...where you can do nothing!. I'm there too.
And cities are worst than others like Granby..surely enough if you have a bike you get pulled over...
weird I never been pull over, I have an after market exhaust and ride a lot in the monteregie region. hope it stay that way lol

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I feel bad for my Canadian neighbors to the north. I've been riding for 30 years now and have had a aftermarket exhaust on every bike but two and have never been pulled over for exhaust ever. Not even one check in my entire lifetime. I've have over 20 motorcycles ranging from Harleys, Japanese standards and sport bikes and English bikes. Never had an Italian bike.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I’m in Quebec on the Montreal South shore. The pin head keystone cops here will pull you over and pull out a decimeter. Thats only after they spend an hour in a parking lot checking for unlocked car doors.. a 60.00 touch per.. Then there is the $660 annual motorcycle plate charge... okay I’m done moaning. Have a great moto summer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I’m in Quebec on the Montreal South shore. The pin head keystone cops here will pull you over and pull out a decimeter. Thats only after they spend an hour in a parking lot checking for unlocked car doors.. a 60.00 touch per.. Then there is the $660 annual motorcycle plate charge... okay I’m done moaning. Have a great moto summer!

Outrageous, we have an annual fee of 42.50 to register our bikes and 10.00 tho get safety inspection in the State of New York.

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Then there is the $660 annual motorcycle plate charge...
I'm curious about this, mostly because both my parents were Canadian (Vancouver, BC). Is this some kind of a governmental surcharge to 'penalize' you for engaging in high-risk activity like MCing? Just wondered if it was an artifact of having a socialized medicine system. I presume you get hit pretty hard for other risky behaviors like smoking?

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
This, or the Holeshot!

·
Registered
88 Posts
A portion of the plate cost covers provincial personal injury insurance as Quebec is a “no fault” province. You cannot sue another driver for injury or other losses if they caused the accident. Vehicle loss insurance is provided by private insurance companies.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Is this some kind of a governmental surcharge to 'penalize' you for engaging in high-risk activity like MCing?
Yes, 100%. But they also surcharge vehicle with engine larger than 3.9L. I pay over 2000$ a year in registration (2 MC, 1 truck and 1 compact car)

The SAAQ administer the QC public automobile insurance , but if you need them for something serious, they will drop the ball. If you sue them, it will take in average 7 years to get to court and then 85% of the plaintiff will lose. When my wife got her motorcycle accident they said screw you after 3 months of coverage, since they can't find what's wrong with her and that they don't insure pain... I'll stop there I'm getting grumpy

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Great video and awesome sound. Do you see a major drop in MPG? That is my only gripe with changing the exhaust.
I have never seen reference to a change in MPG due to a slip-on.
Is that an actual, real, thing?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I didn't notice any change at all, not that I really pay attention to mpg anyway, lol. It's just a slip on, you are not changing enough to really effect anything other then looks, sound and weight. You might get a little power and may lose .5 mpg but not significant enough to even think about. Im.still breaking in the bike with about 450 miles on it now. My mpg have been around 35 to 38 but I'm very heavy on the throttle and haven't done a lot of highway traveling yet.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 30 Posts