StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want Sonic Springs for the 08 Wee but not sure I need them. Wifey decided she wants to start riding with me and stiffer springs might be just what I need for 2-up (but majority of time will be solo riding). Are springs like tires such that I'll need to get better springs for the rear if I replace the front? Many of you have said you get the same kind of improvement with the Sonic Spring as you did a fork brace. If so, I'm in.....that fork brace was a slam dunk. Is the rear spring more expensive and labor intensive? Can you tell I just want the front?

By the way, I really like dealing with Blair at SVRacing. Is his front spring that he sells comparable to the Sonic that everyone seems to rave about?

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Hmmm....the front is adjustable.

But, I highly recommend you install some Sonics with the corresponding change to 15W fork oil.

No real need to alter the rear shock for most riding situations. Learn to adjust the preload (sag) and the rebound dampning. There is some good info on the site regarding properly setting suspension sag.

Cheers

·
Registered
765 Posts
Rear spring need depends on how much your combined weight is.

The springs Blair offers are more then likely made by the same company. I have a close connection to that company and got my springs from him. Blair will take good care of you. He did so on the Elka shock buy-in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts