StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Checked the tires, chain, and all the other stuff. Then I turned the key, pulled in the clutch, and pushed the starter button....

It started immediately, ran perfectly, and did a nice 60 mile run without a hitch. Damn I love this bike! :thumbup:

·
Registered
751 Posts
Got mine out yesterday too!:thumbup:
Lovin it again!:hurray:

·
Evolving Curmudgeon
1,119 Posts
My 1st ride yesterday too. What a bike. Everything just flows.

·
Administrator
17,215 Posts
Earl.......storage in Michigan, shame on you!!!!!!:headbang:

·
Registered
759 Posts
Checked the tires, chain, and all the other stuff. Then I turned the key, pulled in the clutch, and pushed the starter button...
Yesterday was my first ride of 2012 and today I commuted 170 miles (round trip) from Youngstown, Ohio to Pittsburgh, PA. Always a good time of year :thumbup:

·
Registered
334 Posts
This morning was mixed rain and sleet, I'm now considering putting the bike into storage.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Got out for a great ride today too. It's amazing how the bike can hibernate for a while and then just jump back to life like winter never happened.

Love this bike.

·
Premium Member
4,492 Posts
My 1st ride yesterday too. What a bike. Everything just flows.
Same here. Rained Monday to clean the sand and salt off the roads. Looks like it will be a good week of riding. And it's only March. I'm usually still shoveling snow.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Earl.......storage in Michigan, shame on you!!!!!!:headbang:
This year I probably could have left it out and ridden most of the winter. I think we only had maybe two weeks where the roads were too snow covered or icy to ride. And this week is shaping up to be gorgeous! 80 today and mid to upper 70's for the next few days - rain or no rain, it's riding weather!

·
Registered
219 Posts
After riding for 30+ years in Vermont... I *always* wait until after the spring rains wash the roadsalt off the roads.

The effects of salt imbedded in all the nooks-n-crannies and corroding the metal on humid days is not worth it.... I will wait.

A buddy that rides a Harley has a similar stance. The other day he said to me "the salt ruins the chrome" ... LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts