StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up the bike from the stealership after their working on it for a MONTH. After what felt like an eternity of exhaustive diagnostics, they ended up replacing both the primary and secondary throttle bodies and boots, all the fuel injectors, and the ECM...all under factory warranty; they also charged 48.5 hours of their labor to the warranty. I did have to pay for a set of plugs, nipples, and installation; cost me a total of $96.00 out the door.

Because of these defective components installed at the factory at the time of manufacture, my Vee had its troubles from the day I first brought it home and it had only grown steadily worse the entire time I've owned it. I had no idea how degraded the performance was until I rode it home after this latest deal.

All I can say is...WOW! :jawdrop:

The bike is now running like it should have been running from day one. Compared to what I'm used to, my Vee is now buttery-smooth and hard-pulling from right off the line, all the way to WFO. It's a totally different bike now.

In the past two days, I've put just over 300 miles on the bike. I've ridden congested city streets during rush-hour, I've run curvy two-lane secondary roads at paces both sane and not quite so sane. I've ridden it on the freeway during late night/early morning hours at speeds that would not have been well received by the local law had I been caught.

Not only is my Vee now absolutely free of any further mechanical/electrical gremlins, she's running better now than she did the day I bought her new and rode her home from the stealers.

I really liked the bike even while I was having all my problems with her. And Now? I think I'm dangerously close to being a Strom-Snob over this incredible bike. Can't wait for my next ride! :mrgreen:

·
Cowboys aint easy to love
2,113 Posts
That's a big improvement. Congratulations! It's too bad, though, that it had to cost you a penny.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I am glad to hear that your Vee is tip top finally! :beatnik:

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Who's the dealer? Someone went to bat for you with Suzuki in a big way. Do they deserve a shout out?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Who's the dealer? Someone went to bat for you with Suzuki in a big way. Do they deserve a shout out?
I would recommend this dealership to ANYONE in the area. :thumbup:

Adams Motorsports
528 N Eastern Blvd
Montgomery, AL 36117
(334) 271-5500

1 - 7 of 7 Posts