StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i will attempt to send these pics,brrrrrrrrrrr 5 hours home in rain and a few snowflakes,410 klm on 18 liters ,thats with a few bits of 180 klmph,i had planed on following the manual ,but its too hard too,i realy did try ,showed 2 bars on the temp guage lots of the trip .

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
photos

think i will hold off on posting pics till i can get some that match yours kiwi,yours are the best,feeling a bit guilty for reving my new bike too 9000 after just 200 klm,i was just enjoying trying to hang off on a few corners an looked down at the tack as i exited and saw the 9,i did keep it below 5 for 100 klm then dropped the oil,was clean with an alumunum looking film on top,then this morning second day of ownership,i left kelowna at 9 am in order too get too work at 3 pm in golden b.c.,was pouring rain and and lots of road repairs so i was falling behind sheduale,there is a time change at the rogers pass so you loose an hour there,anyway being spring there are huge rim bending pot holes that will eat a car ,and frost heaves in the pave[bitumen]that change day by day ,any way i managed too hit 180 klm on a road that is quite crap,suspension seems very stiff and the buffeting they talk about made the lens on my hjc helmet distort,sort of feels like some ones shooting tennis balls at you head,but for 2 hundy bucks i can live with that for a while,any way yesterday i was traveling along a quiet country road,and saw a flag person ahead sighn,so i geared in too first i was there with the engine running,any way took him a while too realise there about 5 feet away,as he was day dreaming ,the bike is that quiet

·
Registered
179 Posts
Congrats on the bike Chris! Enjoy...be careful in the snow, eh.

As for the pics, use the preview post button first...if it's not right-try something else. It's cool a strommer brother from Aussie land helped you out.

Nice lookin' wee.

I'd like to ride over to that area of our beautiful province someday.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
think i will hold off on posting pics till i can get some that match yours kiwi,yours are the best,feeling a bit guilty for reving my new bike too 9000 after just 200 klm,i was just enjoying trying to hang off on a few corners an looked down at the tack as i exited and saw the 9,i did keep it below 5 for 100 klm then dropped the oil,was clean with an alumunum looking film on top,then this morning second day of ownership,i left kelowna at 9 am in order too get too work at 3 pm in golden b.c.,was pouring rain and and lots of road repairs so i was falling behind sheduale,there is a time change at the rogers pass so you loose an hour there,anyway being spring there are huge rim bending pot holes that will eat a car ,and frost heaves in the pave[bitumen]that change day by day ,any way i managed too hit 180 klm on a road that is quite crap,suspension seems very stiff and the buffeting they talk about made the lens on my hjc helmet distort,sort of feels like some ones shooting tennis balls at you head,but for 2 hundy bucks i can live with that for a while,any way yesterday i was traveling along a quiet country road,and saw a flag person ahead sighn,so i geared in too first i was there with the engine running,any way took him a while too realise there about 5 feet away,as he was day dreaming ,the bike is that quiet
Chris, I think you need a new keyboard. The 'shift' and 'period' keys don't seem to work on yours. ;) :)

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congrats on the bike Chris! Enjoy...be careful in the snow, eh.

As for the pics, use the preview post button first...if it's not right-try something else. It's cool a strommer brother from Aussie land helped you out.

Nice lookin' wee.

I'd like to ride over to that area of our beautiful province someday.

Cheers
if you pass this way i have spare room ,any time any day

·
Registered
327 Posts
Congratulations Chris - glad to see you went for 'fast' grey/black!
I guess you know you can order a snow-plough attachment? :D
I'll look out for you next time I go to Calgary.

Al

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
If you know you are heading here, make sure you let us know in advance and I know I'll try and hQQk up with you for at least a coffee. Maybe some of the other AAR members will join me

Congratulations Chris - glad to see you went for 'fast' grey/black!
I guess you know you can order a snow-plough attachment? :D
I'll look out for you next time I go to Calgary.

Al

1 - 13 of 13 Posts