StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a total newbie in the GPS world. Finally got used Garmin2620 for $150(couldnt pass the price) with v6 maps on it. Works great(trip feature is pretty cool:)), from what I can tell. Other then that, what else i can do? How i can transfer the routes i did to the PC or can I? Or can I transfer maps from PC to gps? Any pointer, suggestions will be greatly appreciated. The manual has way to many pages to go thru.

Greg
'06 DL1K red(ish)

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Ahhhh you lucky Son Of A Biscuit Eater..............living there in Wilmington. Everytime I get down there I gravitate to the area seafood dives and eat like a wild pig.

Let's see. You have the same model I have in my company vehicle. As far as downloading or putting in routes..............who the hell knows.

I am going to get a GPS to plug in destinations I want to go such as towns and cities and let the device get me there without mapping it the old fashioned way.

Good luck and if you come to the mountains drop me a e-mail and we can ride.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
What I like the most is saving the "Track" to Google Earth Plus and hit "Play Tour".

You get an aerial replay. That's a lot of fun.

Someone turned me onto this web site but it looks to be a work in progress from my attempts. I'm not enough of a 'puter nerd to fight through that. Some of you guys might be.

http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/

Brendan, can we upload .gpx files here?

Rod
07 Vee
Riverview, FL

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
What to do with it?

Why, GO GET LOST, of course!! Then let the GPS tell you how to get back home.

That's my favorite part of a GPS. You can plan a route with any ole paper map. GPS lets you just forget about routes, take roads that look cool, and then hit "Navigate Home" and head home. :mrgreen:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts