StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody using a GoPro HD on their Vstrom (Vee or Wee)??

A friend put his on my bike for a trip thru Deals Gap a few weeks ago and he said the video didn't turn out so well - noise pattern thru it.

I was wondering if anyone had any luck using this setup as I'm prepping for a 5 week trip going from Key West, FL all the way to Prudhoe Bay AK then hopefully down the California coast and back with various stops along the way.

I'd love to do some video shots while riding but am concerned about the bike being too "buzzy" for the camera.

Anyone doing this with a Strom??
(Tried searching but didn't get many thread hits)

Thanks in advance

Dave in Tampa

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
or the past 2 year I',ve ridden daily, 6 days a week, year round, night and day with Hoyttech HCR-100X Helmet Cam. Perfect VIDS night or day.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Check out the Drift Innovation HD170. Purchased one last summer.Works great and has some nice features for a pretty good price.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Have not used them on the Strom yet, but we used them on a shoot documenting a bicycle race this past fall, and they worked flawlessly. They actually intercut very well with some very expensive cameras. The vibration from the engine could be an issue though now that that I think about it (thinking about my givi crash guards).

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
I mounted one on the Pat Walsh crash bar on the left side. The only vibration issue was extreme video waving at idle. Otherwise it was quite clear.

Bill

·
Registered
556 Posts
I've never used one, but I want to get one. There are some guys on here who take beautiful vids with them. Whatever camera you settle on I'd work out the bugs and best places/methods to mount before the trip so you don't have to worry about it on the trip.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I found a $50 coupon for the ContourHD from a local dealership that I also happened to have won a $100 gift card from so with a $150 reduction in price I had to go for it.

I just hope I don't regret not getting the GoPro 'cuz this one does NOT come with a waterproof case.

Time will tell...

I'll post a video on here sooner or later once I get an extra camera mount or two for the bike.

Dave in Tampa

1 - 8 of 8 Posts