StromTrooper banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discoverd that the photo also has to be shared or in a shared album. Still not 100% on how to do that consistently. I clicked get shared link and it seemed to make it shareable. Then got the link by right clicking, then added the ?.jpg.

Geez, google has great products (ignoring their questionable big brother esque reality). I am surprised they haven't got this dialed in.

·
Registered
406 Posts
No pic visible for me...

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Well that's not good news.
I don't you can't and me and Tom can???

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Thanks Big Boy,
I knew that just because I could see didn't mean that it posted as a pic, so back to square one.

For those of you that actually know what the hell they are doing:

I went to my google pictures that are of course in some sort of CLOUD. :frown2:

Then I copied the link location and when I replied here, I pasted that.
That's my story and I'm stickin to it.

·
Administrator
4,994 Posts
I do not see your image either - just an icon where the image should be.
Are you posting from a phone?

Alternatively, you might consider making a gallery for yourself, and then posting that Stromtroopers gallery link into your post.

I post from a PC and these days simply use the "Drag and Drop File upload" to move images from my file manager to my Stromtrooper post. Simples. :grin2:

·
Administrator
13,193 Posts
I can see it! I can see it! :)

..Tom
And now from home, on my phone, I can't see the one I quoted but can see the pictures previously posted.

..Tom

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Google Cloud

Thanks all, I'll just give up on google

·
Registered
406 Posts
I honestly just gave up on google photos on forums because it's so inconsistent, I got am imgur account and never looked back.
Yup. What he said.

·
Registered
869 Posts
IMHO - If you have the capability of storing images on a hard drive, that's the way to go. No messing around with image services that may change how they function in the future and 'Hang You Out To Dry'

Attachments

·
Registered
752 Posts
IMHO - If you have the capability of storing images on a hard drive, that's the way to go. No messing around with image services that may change how they function in the future and 'Hang You Out To Dry'
I completely agree with this, but it's the ability to embed in a post without attaching images that is the benefit of something like imgur. Of course it could always go like photobucket and every forum will be broken until we figure out the next thing. But that's just the beauty of the internet I guess. I'm never using a web service as my primary image storage again.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts