StromTrooper banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody else get a strong breeze blowing up you left leg when you ride the Vee? There must be some funky wind angling off the belly pan on that bike as I always get this updraft that wants to blow up my left pant leg, never the right.

I have never experienced this on any of my other bikes.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
left leg? how about strange aerodynamics in general? at highway speed, place one arm across the front of your chest you will feel an updraft like no one's business.

seems the guy working on the vortex generators disappeared...

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts
I sometimes have a strong breeze blowing out of my left pant leg. :yikes:

·
Registered
588 Posts
I've read through this thread twice now and I still can't find the quetion about Goofy. And here I was thinking that there was finally a question I may have expertise in...

Hyuck hyuck!

·
Registered
522 Posts
I'm sure you find this more prominent with your foot angled down while under the shifter. This will direct wind up your leg. Since the Strom has very little in the way of wind protection below the torso, there is an abundance of air to be directed. The toe of a riding boot sure can manipulate a lot of air.

·
Cowboys aint easy to love
2,115 Posts
I don't think it's a goofy question at all. It invariably happens to me regardless of which gear I'm wearing, unless my pants cuff is tucked into my boot.

Did someone try to imply that "safety gear" does not involve pants?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't think it's a goofy question at all. It invariably happens to me regardless of which gear I'm wearing, unless my pants cuff is tucked into my boot.

Did someone try to imply that "safety gear" does not involve pants?
It was a serious question and I see a few others have experienced it also.

It happens even when I'm wearing my First Gear HT overpants.

I have tried changing my foot position pointing up or down and it has a small affect. It just surprises me at how repeatable it is and that it's never on the right leg or on my other bikes.

Anyway, thanks letting me know it's not just my bike. I was going to try riding the bike with the belly pan removed to see how it affects it.

R

·
0 Posts
All kidding aside, I always use higher boots with my leathers tucked inside the boot.
The other side of that is that I always wear leathers....hot weather or cold.
I have a silly looking costume that works for me and I always wear it.
Not going down that slippery slope to the atgatt debate!

·
Registered
135 Posts
I've noticed it too. When riding in the rain, water will find its way past the velcro flap covering the zipper on the left leg of my First Gear overpants, while my right leg will stay dry

1 - 17 of 17 Posts