StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the mods I wanted to do to my DL650 was to fit braided hoses to the brake lines - it's one thing I do to all my bikes; I think it improves the response.
So I was looking through an accessory catalogue (M&P probably) to check out a price for the hoses, and as with so many V-Strom things, there was no listing. I then went on the Net to look, and happened to go to Goodridge's site first. Again, there was no listing, so I e-mailed them for a price.
I got an e-mail back almost immediately stating that at present they had no kit listed for the 650, but if I could send my original brake lines to them, they would match them up and make up a set for me FOR FREE!
Naturally, the lines were in the post asap, and within a week or so the set arrived. They fitted really well, included a very neat three-way block at the front and a heat shield at the back, just like the originals. They look great and feel a whole lot better. If anyone wants pics, PM me.
The product codes are SU0658-1RC / SU0658-3FC. I can do little else but recommend Goodridge unreservedly.
Simon. :D :D

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
I bought and installed the Goodrich lines on my 650. They were the dual lines from the master with a new double coupler bolt.

Nice set up and good quality. However, other than the "trick" factor, I did not notice much of an improvement in braking performance, which is what I was looking for.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Goodridge hose pictures

My apologies for not posting pictures of the Goodridge brake lines.

Go to www.beanpix.com and search for "V-Strom pics". They are there for all to see. As to prices, I can't tell you, COS I GOT THEM FOR FREE!

Simon. :lol:

PS - There's also a couple of photos of damage done when I dropped it a few months ago. Notice it didn't have engine bars then - it does now!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts