StromTrooper banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
85% of the top range of Adventure Tourer, sports bike and around-towner
meets my needs and then some. Relatively trouble free and all for a bargain price. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Thaks for the link, very interesting reading. It's always nice to hear that the experts find the DL1000 as effective as I do.

Mr. Melling may be the only man on the planet who has ridden a 1K for three years and not changed the windscreen.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Thaks for the link, very interesting reading. It's always nice to hear that the experts find the DL1000 as effective as I do.

Mr. Melling may be the only man on the planet who has ridden a 1K for three years and not changed the windscreen.
SECOND man on the planet who has ridden a 1K for three years and not changed the windscreen. My '07 Vee still has the stock windshield because I like it. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
God bless you both. The CalSci medium shield was life-changing for me. Well, on the bike anyway. :mod_biggrin:

·
Registered
522 Posts
I can't get the review to come up. Link seems to be broken.

Even went to magazine website and "direct linked" from there and all I got was an empty, messed up page.

Anybody copy it?

·
Registered
522 Posts
I just checked at 2:05 Central Time (USA). Link was working.

Good article. I thought it was both a fair and a balanced article. Of course the 54 odd miles to the Imperial Gallon I thought was a bit high. But then they aren't burning alcohol either.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I just checked at 2:05 Central Time (USA). Link was working.

Good article. I thought it was both a fair and a balanced article. Of course the 54 odd miles to the Imperial Gallon I thought was a bit high. But then they aren't burning alcohol either.
Actually that's not at all far-fetched considering the Imperial Gallon is 5 litres and my '07 Vee regularly does 40-42 mpg, American measure.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Oddly enough, it finally worked. But I am on my hackintosh. Weird.

Great article indeed!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thaks for the link, ...

Nice running review.

It is interesting how almost no reviews mention the "pain points" that are on-going topics here, like the wind screen, clutch, etc. And this reviewer is actually putting some miles on his Strom.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
40,000 miles on my 07 and stock screen ( in the top " hidden position " ) ....

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
SECOND man on the planet who has ridden a 1K for three years and not changed the windscreen. My '07 Vee still has the stock windshield because I like it. :thumbup:
my 09 has over 60,000 miles and I still use only the Stock Shield.... :thumbup:

in the top " hidden position " as well

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
I'd have to agree 100% with his assessment that the Vee's "hidden" talent is 2-up sport-touring. :thumbup:

That's precisely why I ended up with a Vee -- my wife and I fit on it quite well, and mine came to me with spacious Givi hard luggage.

Love this quote: "...the V-Strom is worth little more than two balloons and a goldfish in part-exchange for a new machine."

I agree. I got my Vee dirt cheap, and I'm gonna ride the piss out of it as long as I want to with no guilt whatsoever. :mrgreen:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts