StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been over a year since I've frequented Stromtrooper. I've been so busy with my new job since I transferred. I've done quite a bit to my bike since, just more crazy mods and a new exhaust.

For those that remember, I have straight pipes on my Vee. I have since fabricated dual 3 1/2" drag pipes with baffles to better complete the look of my bike and it's actually quieter at higher rpm than the original uglies I made.

ImageUploadedByMO Free1404579173.817050.jpg

ImageUploadedByMO Free1404579145.675626.jpg

ImageUploadedByMO Free1404579195.211021.jpg

I have also fitted two LED spot lights on my forks, absolutely love love love them, very very bright.

ImageUploadedByMO Free1404579362.803315.jpg

My last mod I did before I left Stromtrooper was completely covering my bike in bedliner. I have done nothing to it and it looks just like it did when I first painted it. Love it! I also just yesterday installed my own 7/8" lift links to raise my bike up, I will never look back.

ImageUploadedByMO Free1404579466.608128.jpg

I've put a total of 28600 miles on my bike in the two years I've had it. My original tourance front tire is still on with about 32000 miles on it so far, I'm looking to replace, but it's still ok.

Also, the "budget" $100 steering stabilizer I put on the headlight frame and front fork is still working great, never once had even a thought of a wobble from the steering.

ImageUploadedByMO Free1404579751.307266.jpg

My cheapy $40 top case finally gave up a couple weeks ago. The cables broke about 7 months ago, and the stress of opening 180 degrees has broken the hinges. I'll be getting another bigger, better one next week, as I hate not having easy storage.

Glad to be back after so long, going to troll the forum for awhile to catch up.

-Tex

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
118 Posts
Those pipes are awesome. Can't imagine what they sound like.

What lights are those, and where did you get them? I've seen them on a Wee here at my work and they look like a great addition.

Welcome back and thanks for posting pics of your mod. Sorry you didn't get enough luv!

·
Registered
20 Posts
LOVE the bedliner! What product did you use? Spray on, textured roller? What prep to the surfaces was done? Planning to bedliner my crash bars, rear rack & possibly two of the cowlings on my 05 DL1k.

Also, please clean out some old PM's. Trying to get a hold of you with some questions on the part out.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Sorry for the late response, I haven't been on much lately, and unfortunately I am now parting my bike out. I do have a video of the sound, but it is so loud it sounds bad, I'll post it anyways.
The bedliner was simple, very high quality spray on. Plastikote was the brand, I love it and have not had to do anything else to it
Here is the link to the video (r.i.p. Headphone users)
http://vid1049.photobucket.com/albums/s381/christian_short1/Mobile Uploads/trim9656FE94-D104-406A-9514-F49D642F6368_zps986709bf.mp4
Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I tried running my Vee with the Two Brothers link pipes in place but not the muffler units and she's pretty loud that way! It would be fun to run it at the drag strip that way, but it's likely not a powerful without the cans on it. Sure sounds nasty, though.

·
Registered
125 Posts
talk about black on black on black on black! looks or looked great! Ive been thinking about blacking out my bike as well but i do enjoy being seen

1 - 12 of 12 Posts