StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Strom is not exactly the hottest selling bike in central Illinois - does anybody have any recommendations to pass on regarding a good mechanic/service shop in the region who would know what they were doing on the V strom I hope to take delivery of in about 2 weeks?

·
Registered
319 Posts
The Suzuki/Triumph/Camper dealer in El Paso, IL seems to be a nice dealer.. I've never had any work done there, though.. Just bought some stuff while passing through..

I strongly DO NOT recommend the dealers in Loves Park, IL or Beloit, WI, but that's all the way north..

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eureka (actually Effingham) !....found one!!!

R & R Powersports in Effingham, Illinois. The head wrench (Randy) is a Strom owner and knows his/our stuff. I took my bike in for it's 5K check-up ( I bought it with 3,600 and wanted a complete "going-over" as well). Randy knew exactly what to look for, turned the bike back to me quickly, supported/explained the work done with copious notes, did the work right, and charged a reasonable price.

This dealership is under new ownership and just had their (belated) grand opening this weekend.

I highly recommend this shop.

I understand that their sales dept. is pretty reasonable too, and that they are in the process of expanding their apparel and accessory lines.

Bottom line - good people to do business with!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts