StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new rider who wants comfort and fun. Conclusion DL650 wee.

OTD at Marina Suzuki in Los Angeles $6,149

This is the OTD price (NEW, no extra tax etc..). it is an '06 - my friends tell me good deal - what is the concensus?

·
Registered
182 Posts
That's about $1500 less than I paid for my 2008 OTD so if having a two year old bike doesn't bother you I'd go for it.

·
$tromTrooper
1,741 Posts
Yes, it is a two year old bike that is brand new, but that is a great price. The DL650 is very rarely discounted, ie. its popularity. My local shop will get a new one out the door for about $6,800 and that is a cranking deal.

If I were wanting a Wee and ran across what you have found...I would jump all over it. I can't believe that a brand new '06 was found in a dealership. Most folks across the country last year couldn't find '07's, especially in CA. (or at least that is what I read)

·
Premium Member
4,255 Posts
That's what I paid for mine in 06.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well I bought it. The dealer said that she lost money on the bike :rolleyes: hmmm i wonder! But I have a feeling that is the truth. Marina Suzuki was real great to me and I took the bike for a little spin today and accidentally broke the speed limit! :angel_26:

Thanks for the replys!

Steve

·
Registered
139 Posts
It's funny, I just bought a leftover '06 last month. Is your red?

Congrats! Do yourself a favor and change the oil and filter after 200 miles. If your Wee is like mine was, you'll find a lot of fine granular black sediment in the oil. Change it again at 600 miles. I went with synthetic 15W-50 at the 600 mile change. I found that the engine just sounds better (less valve "chatter") with the thicker oil.

The dealer said that she lost money on the bike :rolleyes: hmmm i wonder!
Steve
BS. I don't want to brag, but I paid less than that (granted it was in po-dunk Pittsburgh and not California). They still made money.

·
Registered
141 Posts
in Ann Arbor, Mi

I found a new left over in Ann Arbor, MI a few months ago and got it for $5800 OTD. They are not that popular here in MI. We are a cruiser state.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Zerosum - Thanks for the reply
Yeah it is red - thankfully I wanted red - I couldn't find a cheaper one in So Cal, found some 07's for arond 6,699 (list price) before tax and lic. I will change the oil and switch to synthetic around 600 miles. I already am close to the 200 mile mark. SO far I don't feel cheated - seems like a good deal maybe not the best but certainly not bad.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts