StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any decent exhausts out there for the 650 that will noticeably improve performance? Pics are welcome and encouraged.:)

·
Administrator
17,099 Posts
The answer is no....it will help your Strom to actually emit an exhaust note however.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
All of the aftermarket mufflers for the 650 add about 5-6HP and weigh a LOT less then the stock one. If you want to hear them youtube has dozens of examples. I think the staintune makes it sound like the DL1K but am going to put on the scorpion for the price.

-GW

·
Registered
187 Posts
+2 on the Scorpion. Worth the investment just to make the bike sound proper... I'm very happy with mine. I think it did have a dyno sheet, but I can't find it. If I do, I'll scan/post.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Man... I still have a carbon fiber Scorpion laying around in my garage for the 650 because I can't decide whether I want to install it or not. I really don't want it to drone on the highway.. it's quiet enough to ride without earplugs as it is, just afraid the Scorpion will be a headache on long trips.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
5-6HP is what I read but I'd like to see the dyno if anyone can find it. I do know the weight savings is pretty significant.

IMHO the 650 with the scorp sounds a lot like the 1000, the staintune sounds exactly like the 1000 with stock muffler. Check out the youtube video's on wee exhausts to listen to them.

Personally I always wear earplugs for long rides. The wind noise alone can cause serious hearing damage. I personally believe that riding without earplugs is responsible for my horrible hearing. Also with plugs in I can hear my communicator better.

Around town I don't use the plugs.

-GW

·
Registered
537 Posts
i to wear earplugs. i have been wearing them for years. i just have the disposable type. they work great.

i think i have seen the dyno. i wonder if it is on holeshot.com

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
how much?

What price am I looking at ballpark for a scorpion pipe?

·
Registered
797 Posts
People always talk about the increase in power or the sound of an aftermarket muffler/pipe. In my opinion, the weight decrease is a pretty significant benefit that's often overlooked. Stock mufflers weigh a ton, shedding some of that weight has to have handling benefits, no?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've heard that by replacing the stock pipe your bike can lose as much as five pounds, which is a pretty significant amount. Shedding that much weight definitely takes priority over sounding cool, but fortunately the two come together, or so they tell me.:)

·
Crazy Old Guy
1,039 Posts
I don't know about power gain, I don't notice any seat of the pants dino results. :D I do get better gas mileage by 1 or 2 mpg. I do like the looks over stock and I love the sound with the baffle in. The price of my Staintune was high but that's what I wanted, to each his own. If we all liked the same thing we would have cookie cutters.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Am I right in understanding that there are currently no aftermarket mufflers for '08 Wee's? Something to do with the new exhaust shield and/or mounting bracket?

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
I've heard that by replacing the stock pipe your bike can lose as much as five pounds, which is a pretty significant amount.
Heck, I could reduce my bike's weight by five pounds just by eating the lunch I store in the top case.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
Nah, your just moving the weight forward a foot.
-GW
I said I could reduce the bike's weight.

Are you saying, for better performance I need to diet?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts