StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All-
Does anyone have a mechanic they trust in the Fairfax/NOVA area? I've had Strom(s) for almost 3 years now, and have done all of my own maintenance up to this point. I need a place to get new tires installed, and have some other maintenance coming up that I don't want to handle personally.
Any advice on where to go (or where to avoid) is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
131 Posts
I've had decent luck at Coleman Power Sports in Falls Church. I've gotten tires there, and they did my '09 DL650A's 15K valve adjust and some repairs after a minor accident. It's a large dealership, maybe a bit impersonal, but the mechanics seems to be decent. Their tire prices are pretty decent (on a par with MS Superstore) and they'll give you a discount on the installation if you pull the wheels off yourself (just bring in the wheels).

·
Registered
118 Posts
Coleman did my repairs after someone shoved over my bike. They did great work, but I was sure glad the insurance was footing the bill instead of me.

For tires, I'm going to check out Brooks Cycle for my next set. No experience with them, but I've heard good things about them and they do happen to be mentioned as a local tire installer on Motorcycle Superstore's website as an added bonus.

I have a friend that uses Fairfax Cycles for his three bikes and likes them.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ended up going to Fairfax Cycles to get my new Anakee 3's put on. I was very pleased with the service, the cost was about $100 for both tires changed out. I will go back for future maintenance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts