StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently returned from a 4800 km trip with three leadwings er goldwings I mean--I was the leader most of the time as I had the gps to pick out the routes-we traveled about 15kms over the limit to avoid the lawmen--I checked my mileage about halfway through the trip and was amazed to find I was getting 65 Mpg--Since returning home I changed my dino oil and went synthetic-checked the last tankful and this time 69 Mpg--boy what a nice surprise to have such a frugal performer--and fun too--almost keeps up with a valkrie on roll in 6th from 100kms---I'm still smiling

·
Registered
984 Posts
Mpg

Ain't it cool? My last tankfull garnered me 61 mpg but a lot of that was relatively low speed communting to work. I get mpg in the high 50's out on the road usually cruising around 65 - 70 mph. Mabey I'll mount that hydrogen injection rig I've been contemplating ( if it's not too bulky and fugly looking ) and see if I can get another 20 - 50 % in mpg.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
The best tank I have ever got was 68mpg, the worst a lowly 43. Overall average on tours about 57 (all Imperial).

Cheers!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts