StromTrooper banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a set of these Pro Sport side racks. I wasnt plannin on using side racks...but it was a deal!

I may see if I can install Givi Monokey case mounting hardware on them

·
Registered
871 Posts
Have you mounted them yet? How heavy are they?

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I jus bought em....theyre shippin from Canada
The ebay listing has all the info on em

·
Registered
871 Posts
I ordered a set and a Green Chile Adventure Gear Strap set.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I wouldn't modify the rack to carry a Givi bag, for a few reasons;
One it's going to be challenging to find someone who could do a high quality welding on the aluminum frame and Aluminum makes a pretty lousy frame for hard luggage, it's prone to stress fractures, it's hard to field repair.

It would be great for soft luggage I'd think, as long as it's being used to keep the bags away from the bike and not to carry any real weight.

I did have decent luck modding a stock BMW rack to run Givi monokey bags but that was a steel rack.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here are some pics of the racks mounted on my bike...
I didnt need to use the supplied rear signal relocation brkts/hdw since I have smaller LED signals on the bike.
All hdw supplied with the racks is stainless & the racks themselves are aluminum

Looks like Givi Monokey hdw would be a fairly easy fit on the racks.
Wheel Tire Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Vehicle
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
379 Posts
These racks look cool!
Watch the welds where the support arms meet the rectangle frame, if these racks are aluminum the vibration of the bike, especially over rough roads will crack them. Aluminum doesn't have very much give or flexiblity for those sorts of streeses
Also watch anywhere when stainless steel hardware goes through the aluminium and into the steel of the frame, especially if you ride anywhere near salted roads or ocean air.

·
Registered
16,080 Posts
Buying racks is a chore. I got a set of Outback Motortek for my F750GS. they are steel and fit perfectly. They also had the optional mount plate for a Rotopax fuel ca. But they were probably $100 more. I did get better Stainless bolts to replace the cheesy looking factory stuff.
I'm still using the original Suzuki mounts on my 04 Wee. Plenty strong and easily adapted Pelican style boxes to them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts