StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Does the bike come with the taller aftermarket windshield and the Givi top trunk too at that price? If yes, get that thing home quick! If no, it's still a good deal and I'd recommend buying it if you like it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jim,
yes it comes with both. I am going to see it on Thursday. Hope it's not too late.
thanks for the reply!
Rob

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My wife thinks I am nuts and maybe I am. Went from a 2008 KLR 650 to a 2007 Wee to a 2003 BMW R1150RT over the past 18 months or so. Maybe the Vee will be the one that finally scratches that itch; I guess I will know in about 6 months!

·
Registered
124 Posts
That seems to be the price range,$4500-5999 in my area(New England) for an 04-07 bike. I saw an 08 for 5900, a private sale but never heard back from them. I've been looking for about a month now, and I have not found too many for sale. Good luck. Sounds like a good price to me, but I'm not an owner yet, but I have been spending way too many hours in front of this screen searching for a descent used Vee. I just test rode an 01 r1150rt and an 04 vee in the same day a few weeks ago. I liked the Vee more, but that could have something to do with the fact that I crashed the bmw ;)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can't imagine the owner was very happy when you crashed the RT! After I put bar risers and and lowered the foot pegs on my Vstrom 650, it was very comfortable for me. I could never get comfortable (my back was killing me) on my RT so that is why I am looking at the Vstrom 1000. That said, I love the suspension, brakes, and shaft drive on the BMW.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yeah the dealer was pretty good about the beemer, but I'll be getting a bill, up to $1000. Nice find on the Vee. Best of Luck with it. Hope I find one as nice with good farkles like that.

·
Cowboys aint easy to love
2,115 Posts
Just bought it!
Congratulations! (It's the wrong color for an '06!)

Looks like you need some crashbars toot-sweet. New-to-you bikes always take a nap or two soon after purchase. However, looks like you already have flush-mount front signals.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The red is a sharp Colorado but I like silver too. My wife dropped my Wee twice at slow speed so I'm no stranger to the vstrom falling asleep.
although the PO claimed it was never dropped I suppose the lack of hand guards and flush mounted turn signals might indicate otherwise. I ended up paying $4000 for it so it's a great deal no matter what.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looking at my last post I did not intend to say Colorado but rather just Colorado. Must be the auto spell checker...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Picked it up finally last night. Interesting machine and it will take a little time I think to decide whether or not I like it.
First thing I need to do the next time I have a day off is adjust the chain as it is far too loose. At least two inches of movement. The bike was serviced about 1000 miles and two years ago and received a new chain and front and rear sprockets. It runs rough so hopefully the properly tightened chain will make that a little better.
When I started it last night, it felt like the throttle stuck open as it revved right up to about 4000 rpm and I physically had to push the throttle closed to bring it down to a normal idle rpm.
It has a Power Commander on it and I have no experience with that so I will need to find out the best settings for it and make sure it is set correctly. Two drops of oil on my garage floor under the bike right after I drove it in last night but nothing this morning so I am not too concerned with that.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
My wife thinks I am nuts and maybe I am.
Went from a 2008 KLR 650 to a 2007 Wee to a 2003 BMW R1150RT over the past 18 months or so.
Maybe the Vee will be the one that finally scratches that itch; I guess I will know in about 6 months!
Rob, You're not nuts. You're on a roll! That's a nice rotation of bikes for 18 months.

As for your new DL1000k6. . .
If you like to wrench, you'll love the Vee.
And 11,000 miles is "like new" in my book, so I would say you got a very good deal on the bike.

Defects, malfunctions, oil spots on the garage floor ? ? ?
No problem. There is nothing that can go wrong with a Vee that this forum crew cant help you diagnose & repair.
They saved me (and my 2006 Vee) many times.

Congratulations on the new bike, :thumbup:
-Ej-

·
Registered
278 Posts
Two drops of oil on my garage floor under the bike right after I drove it in last night but nothing this morning so I am not too concerned with that.
Could the oil you are seeing be antifreeze? On my bike and others the seals in the water pump have needed to be replaced. Mine left 2 nice drops of it under the bike.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Deering NH

That seems to be the price range,$4500-5999 in my area(New England) for an 04-07 bike. I saw an 08 for 5900, a private sale but never heard back from them. I've been looking for about a month now, and I have not found too many for sale. Good luck. Sounds like a good price to me, but I'm not an owner yet, but I have been spending way too many hours in front of this screen searching for a descent used Vee. I just test rode an 01 r1150rt and an 04 vee in the same day a few weeks ago. I liked the Vee more, but that could have something to do with the fact that I crashed the bmw ;)
What about the 07 fully farkeled in Deering NH , seems to have been there for a while, Anything wrong with that one ? I rode a silver 04 with 30k at Bettencourts in W Bridgewater last week , rode nice, but no extra's asaking 5,000 ( bet they'd take 4500)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Concur, that bike in NH looks pretty nice. I was happy to find this one about 10 minutes from my house.
Mine actually only has 9130 miles on it. The previous owner had new chain and sprockets installed, brake pads, new rear tire, fork seals, and oil change at 8100 miles and that was two years ago so it has pretty much sat for the past two years. I will change the oil since it is two years old but it is still nice and clear.
I am pretty sure that the two drops on the floor were oil. Felt slick like oil anyway. It appears that they came from one of the two vent/overflow tubes that hang under the bike.
Didn't have time to do much last night but pump up the tires to the proper pressure 36F/41R and install my battery charger. Started it up and again it went right up to about 3500 RPM and would not come down unless I physically rotated the throttle handle forward. Seems like something is binding in the cables...

·
Registered
278 Posts
If it came from one of the tubes under your bike one of those goes up to the weep hole on your water pump. Antifreeze is slick.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com App

1 - 20 of 24 Posts