StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I made it through last winter through dint of silly layering with my Tourmaster mesh jacket, dual layers of thermal undies and socks and my thick winter gauntlets. Even made it once at 20 degrees, just once, wasn;t doing that again, but anything over 25 was a go.

Changed jobs, and with the leave buyout, I went a little crazy :)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0064V4AGE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Amazon.com: Powerlet Rapid Fire Glove Liner Kit L/XL: Automotive

Oh yeah, bring it on Mr Freeze......... :thumbup:

·
Bikeless 4 now
1,226 Posts
That looks nice. I have several pieces of First Gear stuff and it is all high quality. I wish they made that suit in Hi-Viz though. Why is a lot of motorcycle gear black anyway? Is it cheaper to make???

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure, but I'm not a high viz sort of guy, so that doesnt bother me. Actually matches my bike :)

·
Registered
714 Posts
Since you got the suit, obviously a full sleeve heated jacket wouldn't work too good, but I bet an electric heated vest would. Combined with the gloves and your suit, you'll laugh at 20 degrees.

I never thought I needed heated gear. Then a couple years back while while on a trip I realized too late that I forgot the liner to my jacket at home. So stopped by a HD stealership in Oklahoma and picked up a heated vest. I was hooked. So last year I bought a full sleeve heated liner and haven't looked back. I don't know what took me so long to figure it out. Makes winter riding a pleasure.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finally got a chance t wire up the Powerlet RapidFire glove liners this am. Was around 39F or so. Now, I could handle that with my thick gauntlets, but I know my hands would be feeling it pretty bad by the time I got to work.

With the liners in and turned up to three (out of five), at 60mph-70mph, my hands were doing fine. Once I slowed to enter the gate to get one base, at rest, the back sof my hands were actually a little two warm.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what was the question? :) I did look at Gerbing, but I didnt see the extra price being justified by extra features....

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
The jacket is about $199.00 and the controller is around $70.00. Unless you just want the on/off switch that comes with the jacket. But once you see how much control you have with the variable controller, you'll realize it's worth the money.

·
Registered
15,538 Posts
I got a Gerbing jacket at a rally for $150. The controller was bit more than $70 but a good sale is a good sale.
One friend was asking about cold weather undies and we replied, get silk longys. A set of silk glove liners is not a bad thing either. Neither is terribly expensive.

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
I've got a heated vest, jacket liner, and now use A heated jacket most of time. It's the cats nuts, but of course the new model is waterproof and has my attention.
I also have the pants, but unless I'm doing a lot of miles, I rarely use them.
I tell everyone that refuses to make the move, "it's like being back, in mommys womb".

1 - 11 of 11 Posts