StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found a sensible and secure way to carry a set of golf clubs (in a golf bag) along with a "compact" golf buggy ON a WeeStrom or indeed a BigStrom?

I already Have a Givi Top Box and Givi side racks. Contacted Give but the female portion of the side rack lock (the bit at the top) is not available so it looks like "home made" will be difficicult.

Any constructive advise is appreciated.

Thanks

Skutr, Australia

·
Registered
628 Posts
I carried my golf clubs several hundred miles to my son's house on a Kawa Voyager one time. We were playing in a tournament together.

The clubs were in a leather bag with a cover over the top. I strapped them (not bungees, straps are more solid) in place, cross-wise on the passenger's seat against the rear top case. The side cases were in place, so they gave some additional support. That arrangement worked fine.

You could do the same -- tie your clubs across the passenger's seat, back against the Givi Rear Case. If you have them, you may want to leave the Givi Side Cases on for more support. As far as the "compact" buggy -- I don't have a suggestion for that. Maybe you can rent one where you play golf.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Carried golf clubs many times on my Strom. Just layed it across the seat and side luggage and used 1 cam buckle strap to secure.

Ken

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
Has anyone found a sensible and secure way to carry a set of golf clubs (in a golf bag) along with a "compact" golf buggy ON a WeeStrom or indeed a BigStrom?

I already Have a Givi Top Box and Givi side racks. Contacted Give but the female portion of the side rack lock (the bit at the top) is not available so it looks like "home made" will be difficicult.

Any constructive advise is appreciated.

Thanks

Skutr, Australia
I dunno if AppGap is still here, but he carried a full bag of clubs on his 650.

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
His last post was 11/7, be patient....

·
Registered
124 Posts

·
Premium Member
997 Posts
I was concerned when I started carrying my clubs about them being a pain in the ass. My commute to the golf course is over the Gap (rte 17) which is a road where you do not want to have to even think about luggage moving around and the best set up is also the simplest. I used small Givi bags and a Givi trunk but they are not necessary. I went from a walking bag to a full cart bag it works so well. Lay them across the seat with the normal rain cover on and a bungee around the heads then two sailboard straps cut to the right length to loop over the bag and down to the stock rack, cinch tight...never even notice they are there. Having the luggage on makes them feel "protected" but it really would work just fine without luggage at all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts