StromTrooper banner

Going to the Supershow, Toronto Jan 4-6?

4K views 28 replies 18 participants last post by  perArdua 
#1 ·
Who will be attending?
This is by far the best show in the Toronto area imo with many vendors as well as representation from all the bike manufacturers. At the International Center so easy access with free parking. I will be there Friday morning. I know the Dualsport people will be there from Stoney Creek and they are bringing big ear who will be providing on the spot moulded plugs. The Canadian Frog Togg distributor will be attending as well.

SUPERSHOW 2013 - North America's Largest Motorcycle Show

#2 ·
I am thinking of going Ken, but I can only go Friday morning (that is if I actually go) when it opens at 10pm... I have to be back in Kitchener by 2pm for work... I work the rest of the weekend so that's out... I haven't decided quite yet, though... When were you thinking of going?

Richard

#7 ·
#11 ·
I expect to be there some time on Saturday with a couple of friends. We tend to try for late afternoon as the crowd thins out.

#13 ·
My Plans have changed and I should be there Saturday with my gal after work.. probably 5:30 or 6pm.

..Tom

#15 · (Edited)
I'm likely to go Saturday morning as it opens. Trying to buy tickets online for me is a bust. They offer Adult tickets ONLY at $20. Youth admission is $5, but some tech clown forgot to put it on the website. I'll be standing in line twice now. Once for tickets, and then back in line to get in....

#16 ·
Friday, late morning.
Posing with my leather vest, chaps, chains and do-rag.
just like everybody else.

#19 · (Edited)
Going on Friday after 5:30. Les from DSP is bring some parts I ordered for pick up there. Also bringing a friend who is going to buy his first Strom shortly. He is hoping to find some good deals on some riding gear he needs to replace. Hoping Friday evening is quieter than the Saturday crowd I normally have to push through.

#20 ·
I just got back and while i don't want to rain on anybody's parade, I was disappointed.

I have seen the show deteriorate into a flea market over the last few years.
I've got a bike, although there were mostly cruisers on display. I've got a suit and helmet. There didn't seem to be much else.

BTW are the prices at Dual Sport going up and the cheaper products disappearing?

I don't need some off-shore tissue-thin chaps, patches that tell the world that the ***** fell off or cheap sunglasses.

It was a relief to see a lot of normal people and a lot of nice vintage bikes.

Just me and I know a lot of people love it but I wish the December show and this one would get back together.

#21 ·
I would tend to agree. I went to the show this morning with my daughter, a buddy and his daughter. The kids liked the show but I don't know why you couldn't purchase kids tickets online????:confused:

I found the prices the same as always and a lot of the used bikes were crazy priced. Maybe they start to come down on the last day. I wanted to purchase some Oxford heated grips there and save a few bucks. They weren't on sale, so I will buy them local instead.

#23 ·
I agree with some of the comments here about the show but not all. I did find the amount of "flee market" booths on the rise; but those booths are easy to spot and avoid.
I had some good purchases at motorcycle innovations and DSP. Les from DSP brought some parts to the show that I had ordered, this was cheaper for me and simpler for him. Real pleasure dealing with them. Matt at motorcycle innovations was helpful with a new fuse system that doesn't use traditional fuses for all my toys.
I would have to say I had the best time I've had at the show in a long time. This wasn't due to the quality of the show; more to due with the company I was with. I took a friend that is just getting into riding and may be buying his first Strom today - a used 650. He needed new everything: helmet, proper jacket and gloves. For that type of situation, the show is still a great venue. It also gave him a chance to sit on a ton of new and old models. Luckily all that bike shopping just confirmed for him that the Strom is the right ride for him.
I agree most of the used bikes are over priced and are often more than dealers had them marked in their shops.
My two cents

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

#25 ·
My 1st time to this venue,(missed you by 15 minutes, Ken, sorry), I have to say that although there was a lot of cr*p, there was tons of good stuff too. Maybe I think that through inexperience, but what show of this size do you go to that you don't have to weed through to find the quality goods? For some that's half the fun. DSP had stuff for me also, they seem a dependable, responsible company, and Les is a personable fellow. He told me he preferred the Wee to any of the BMW's he's ridden, yet one more testament, if such is needed.

Bravest T-shirt I saw: "I don't need a Harley, my penis is big enough"
Spring's comin'!

#26 ·
My 1st time to this venue,(missed you by 15 minutes, Ken, sorry), I have to say that although there was a lot of cr*p, there was tons of good stuff too. Maybe I think that through inexperience, but what show of this size do you go to that you don't have to weed through to find the quality goods? For some that's half the fun. DSP had stuff for me also, they seem a dependable, responsible company, and Les is a personable fellow. He told me he preferred the Wee to any of the BMW's he's ridden, yet one more testament, if such is needed.
I think you are quite right. It is more a matter of experience and perspective. I went Friday afternoon/evening. We don't go every year and now I'm at the point that I will go for specific objectives. When one is newer you tend to try to see everything, whether it is crap or not, spend way too much time, and come away exhausted and hungry..And if not hungry, resentful that you dropped too much money on some really, really bad "food".
This time, I skipped past anything I wasn't really interested in. Managed to see and sit on a couple of bikes I wanted to know more about, investigated a few more inevitable accessories, found a couple of things to lighten my wallet with, and left after only 4 or 5 hours, still in a good mood.
The only difficult part is waiting until spring to put the new toys to use!

#27 ·
Hi all,

I went Saturday around 6 in the evening. My first time at the show, but I have been to the Montreal one (quite good) a couple of times, and the Ottawa one (awful the one year I went).

I enjoyed the show. Yes, there are a lot of flea-market stands - I simply don't need a pair of chaps, thank you. (Janice looks good in them, but that's something else.)

I actually enjoyed looking at all the custom cruisers, though they are not my bag. I met no one I know except the owner of a nice 750 Ducati (1972 or so) that I had met in Ottawa last year through my brother-in-law (owner of an equally old Guzzi V7 Sports). If I am interested, a friend of the Ducati owner, that I just met at the show, is willing to sell me his nice XR1200 Harley next year. (He has two Nortons and an 750 BMW as well, and is thinking of paring down. Poor bugger.) I am sorely tempted, and will go for it if the money is there. One of very few HDs I like. Yes I will keep the Strom.

I did like the vintage bikes, and could have bought a 1978 Yamaha SR500 single for only three times what I sold mine for in 1983. But that would be nonsense if I am to buy the XR. I'll think no more of this for now, and think instead of riding the Strom in a few months. That at least is real.

For me and what I was after, it was a good show. The show might become tedious to do every year. It's Wednesday already, so I guess I didn't win the Elka shock for my Strom. THAT would have made the show very worthwhile.

Still flying no colours - I promise NOT to buy HD paraphernalia if I get the XR,

Marc

#28 ·
Lighting ideas for your Strom from the show...

Just a titch flashy?

Nawwwww.

Comes with a nuclear generator.

I think I'd like candles better...

:beatnik:

Anyone know a good bong-polishing compound?

#29 ·
Lighting ideas for your Strom from the show...

Anyone know a good bong-polishing compound?
avoid bright glitter
never polish your dull bong
be unseen be safe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.