StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone reading has switched to a master cylinder w/o a mirror mount, what did you use for mirror mount?
I really don't like the woody/lack of power feel of these OE brakes. Normal braking is fine, but if you know how to use your brakes & need a "panic stop", not so much.

·
Registered
944 Posts
If anyone reading has switched to a master cylinder w/o a mirror mount, what did you use for mirror mount?
I really don't like the woody/lack of power feel of these OE brakes. Normal braking is fine, but if you know how to use your brakes & need a "panic stop", not so much.
I'd like to separate these controls but haven't come up with an acceptable mod that works since there is limited room for mounting.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I wound up using a Honda mst. cyl clamp on the O.E. mirror. (CBR 1000 '05). It has to be installed with the "UP" arrow down because of the offset design of the clamp, & either heli-coil the clamp or use a bolt & nut.
Another problem is with trying to find handle bars that have a narrow bend that make the raised portion. (Don't know quite how to describe it.) I need more room for switches, etc where the grip area is. All the aftermarket bars I've seen take a wide stance in the raised portion, leaving little room for switches.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts