StromTrooper banner

Going to dealer to look at V-Strom

878 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  1KBOOM 
#1 ·
Well since i have trade or sell my Scarabeo 500I.E and will probably have to finance some amount of money.I am going to look at the dealer this weekend and see what kind of offers they have and look at both 650 &1000 and online they are advertising 1.9% Financing. I looked at the KBB Values and they are way below MSRP

1000 MSRP-$9799.00
650 MSRP- $7499.00

2009 V-Strom DL650 Retail-$5590
Trade-in $4000

2009 V-Strom 1000. Retail-$7555
Trade-in $5430

2008 V-Strom DL650 Retail-$5280
Trade-in $3635

2008 V-Strom Dl1000 Retail-$7195
Trade-in $4965

I know if i traded in a V-Strom they would only give me trade in value but how should i approach them with the lower retail values to get a good deal

See less See more
#4 ·
I was told to never make payments on a motorcycle and I firmly believe in that philosophy. There are too many good used motorcycles out there and right now it is a buyer's market. In your situation, you would have to sell your bike which would be more work, but financing will cost you more in the long run.

Also, I doubt any dealership is going to give you anything near kbb trade in value. I know for cars they go to the black book, but I'm not sure if they have one for bikes.

#5 ·
Hello, you're in California. From what we can see about the economy there, they might pay you to come buy a bike!

There are lots of threads and postings here which talk about price. Insane deals have been made lately. I just bought an 09 650 with ABS for OTD $6,725.00. That's the price the dealer quoted me over the phone. I didn't even get a chance to haggle with him right from the start...

It's brutal out here....

#6 ·
I have never bought a bike from a dealer before because i have always bought used and paid cash for my motorcycles/scooters in the past 17 years.But i find my self with not enough cash to buy outright from anyone as i had to use evry dime i had to buy my first home this june.I would not even have enough for a used one if i sold my scarabeo.

I just want to get a reliable means of transportation for the next 5-6 years minimum. thanks for the advice and keep it coming anything will help

#7 ·
Consider travelling (if necessary) to get a good deal. I drove with trailer thru an ice storm 250 miles and saved $1,000 off of "book" trade-in value on a used bike even before the current desperate times we're seeing - keep looking and be flexible. Consider fly & drive back - flights are CHEAP now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.