StromTrooper banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just bought a set of Grip Puppies and a GoCruise ThrottlePro to relieve some stress on my wrist (darn carpal tunnel!). The Grip Puppies went on well, but when I try to use the GoCruise, I found that both the flange end of the grip spins as well as the GoCruise slips. However, I don't think the entire grip spins. It doesn't work too well. :headbang: I should have put the silicon band for the GoCruise on first, but it didn't arrive until a few days later.

This is a new to me 2006 Wee. There is some type of grip heater on it (per the PO) and it has Scott grips.

I'm thinking I need to deal with the grips first, but I'm not sure what the best course of action is.

Thanks a million!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
With some research, I see some comments about using grip glue, others about using hair spray. Will either one mess up the grip heaters? Do I pull the grip completely off and then put on the adhesive? Or try to squirt some down in there.

When I was putting on the Grip Puppies, the end of the the Scott grip was trying to slid towards the controls as well, kind of scrunching it up.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
If you plan to keep the bike, look into a "mechanical" throttle control. Kaoko is my personal favorite, but there are others.

I have carpal tunnel too, and the $80 spent for a Kaoko unit was worth every penny.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Install the silicone band per the instructions and it'll work fine with Grip Puppies. Mine did. :thumbup:

If your grips are what's spinning, then yes, you have a far more serious you-could-die-horribly problem. Install new grips first, please.

Opinions vary (egads, the topic of grip adhesives usually kicks off a holy war, so off we go...), but I personally use cheap extra-hold hair spray. Spritz a little into the grip, install, and dry out the spray instantly with a shot of compressed air betwixt grip and bar.

And no, hair spray used in this way does not dissolve or loosen in the rain. Maybe the expensive stuff does, but the cheap heavy-duty stuff is impregnable.

If you're paranoid, use weather stripping cement. (Yellow gorilla snot.) Just make sure you REALLY like those grips, because you're gonna be stuck with them for a long time.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Install the silicone band per the instructions and it'll work fine with Grip Puppies. Mine did. :thumbup:

If your grips are what's spinning, then yes, you have a far more serious you-could-die-horribly problem. Install new grips first, please.

Opinions vary (egads, the topic of grip adhesives usually kicks off a holy war, so off we go...), but I personally use cheap extra-hold hair spray. Spritz a little into the grip, install, and dry out the spray instantly with a shot of compressed air betwixt grip and bar.

And no, hair spray used in this way does not dissolve or loosen in the rain. Maybe the expensive stuff does, but the cheap heavy-duty stuff is impregnable.
Gave the hair spray a try last night. We'll see what happens

1 - 5 of 5 Posts