Strom Trooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I picked up the new go cruise aluminum throttle lock just over a week ago and I thought I would share my thoughts on it in case anyone is considering buying it.

It works as designed. It is easy to install and adjust. I have the stock Suzuki hand guards and the go cruise just barely rubs that hand guards as it rolls past the top edge but it is not noticeable while riding. For $30 I think it was a good purchase to let me relax my right hand on long freeway rides. I like the position of the opening while in use because it allows me to use my thumb to disengage the throttle lock without rolling off the throttle.

Pros:
Simple sturdy design
price
ease of use

Cons:
If not wearing gloves the go cruise rubs my thumb while riding (irritating but not an issue with gloves on)
Takes up a little more space that I like on the grip

Attachments

·
Registered
14,018 Posts
Big difference from the 1st generation of Go Cruise. Has adjuster wheel. Maybe holds better without the extra friction band. Probably worth the extra 10 bucks.

·
Registered
30 Posts
My (older version) initially kept slipping; solved with a little electrical tape wrapped around the grip under the rubberband.

It's currently taking up space that was partly used by my hand; gonna order the thinner crampBuster or try to slim down the thicker one that's currently on.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I have the first generation. Yes, it slips some but it will hold long enough for me to move my right arm around to relieve shoulder, elbow and hand tension. Finally replaced it with a Vista Cruise on my Wee. The Go-Cruise now resides on my Burgman and will be there until I get around to putting a Vista Cruise on it. It may be there a while though as I am considering putting a real cruise control on it...

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
A great excuse to wear your gloves.

:mrgreen:
You know... Wearing riding gloves is right. Years ago, I had a rock thrown up by a vehicle in front of me hit my hand while I was riding. HURT! Have worn riding gloves since. Doesn't keep things from hitting my hands when riding but makes the event hurt a lot less. Now my handguards on my Wee help to prevent airborne objects from hitting my hands most of the time but I still wear riding gloves. Feels funny if I ride without them...

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
A great excuse to wear your gloves.

:mrgreen:
+1 on that. I just laid down my Vee at ~75 MPH and the road rash on my right wrist is ugly. Broken left thumb. And I was wearing gloves. Can't imagine how fugged up I would have been without them.

I know, we are all grown-ups here and can make our own decisions but hear me when I say WEAR YOUR GLOVES!!!!

O.K. Off my soapbox.

Kevan

(BTW, also ground through my left Kevlar elbow pad in my AlpineStar jacket. Without it my new nickname would be Righty) :jawdrop:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts