StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

First time on the forum, but seems like the right place to ask.
Yesterday i installed the Oxford Hotgrips on my 2008 v-strom, but unfortunately some of the glue dripped down onto the side of the motorcycle.
I tried to quickly dry it off, but that only made it worse.
Now the side of my motorcycle looks horrible which can be seen on the attached foto.

Any idea how i can remove this without making it worse?

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
3m adhesive remover

·
Registered
590 Posts
Oxford sends/uses cyanoacrylate (crazy glue).

Acetone will soften and help remove crazy glue. It can also soften and remove paint so it's a bit of a balancing act.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Oxford sends/uses cyanoacrylate (crazy glue).

Acetone will soften and help remove crazy glue. It can also soften and remove paint so it's a bit of a balancing act.
Having done this myself I advise you to go slowly and check often that the glue is coming off, before it gets into the paint. Unfortunately this is not risk-free solution but it's the only one that will work. Internet searches will turn up all kinds of ideas - hot water, WD40, alcohol - none of which will work. I tried them all before going with the acetone method. It will work, just be careful.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Depending on how patient you are, controlling exactly where you apply the acetone reduces the risk for paint damage. Cotton swabs work pretty well, if slowly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts