StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
List your cold, warm and wet favourites and why!

I'm currently using a pair of Klim Inversion gloves which are the most comfortable, and with heated grips and muffs I can wear them down to freezing temps.

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
I am a bit of a glove whore and have about 20 pairs. Seems I can't pass up a "good deal" when it comes to gloves. I use Held almost exclusively. Good quality and their sizing suits me. I have quite large hands and most gloves are too tight on me. I find I can get Held's that fit me good. Not saying there aren't others, but ......I got lots of pairs to wear out first..

They have so many different models and they are constantly changing the names. I use Held Steves for warm and dry conditions, ventilated ones for really hot, one of their thinly insulated Goretex ones for cool/wet and their IceBreakers for when it is really cold (freezing or below). In fact I sometimes wear the iceBreakers when I go skiing, they are that warm.

·
Premium Member
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am a bit of a glove whore and have about 20 pairs. Seems I can't pass up a "good deal" when it comes to gloves. I use Held almost exclusively. Good quality and their sizing suits me. I have quite large hands and most gloves are too tight on me. I find I can get Held's that fit me good. Not saying there aren't others, but ......I got lots of pairs to wear out first..

They have so many different models and they are constantly changing the names. I use Held Steves for warm and dry conditions, ventilated ones for really hot, one of their thinly insulated Goretex ones for cool/wet and their IceBreakers for when it is really cold (freezing or below). In fact I sometimes wear the iceBreakers when I go skiing, they are that warm.
Yikes! $300 for a pair of non-heated gloves?

https://fortnine.ca/en/held-air-n-dry-gloves

I couldn't afford two pairs, let alone 20 :grin2:

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
Yikes! $300 for a pair of non-heated gloves?

https://fortnine.ca/en/held-air-n-dry-gloves

I couldn't afford two pairs, let alone 20 :grin2:
They are a little pricey but if you watch, they come on sale once in a while. I use FC-Moto.de in Germany for a source for much of my gear. They have good pricing and shipping to Canada is not a major issue. Last fall I got 3 pairs of gloves for about $150 delivered. I suggest giving them a look.

https://www.fc-moto.de/

Biker-Land is also a good place to look.

https://www.biker-land.com/

I should add.....not all 20 pair are Held. I do have some others but I virtually never wear them.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Motoport 'Racing' Gloves. All seasons / weather in Chicago.

Why? They offer a reasonable amount of protection and tremendous durability / longevity for a reasonable price.

The long version, as I am wont to do...

I've never had a pair of leather gloves last more than a year or two given the rain and, perhaps more destructively, sweat they experience. My meathead brother has had a pair of the Motoport gloves for years and years and years, and they're still going strong. Mine are now a year old or so. I only wish they had proper Knox-style palm sliders, but supposedly the Stretch fabric doesn't grab pavement like leather does...though I haven't tested myself.

They flow air quite well, though not amazingly, in summer. Even on the hottest days, I don't find them uncomfortable. They're perfectly comfortable for mild spring & fall riding, of course. And for colder weather, in addition to a heated jacket liner to keep my core warm:

• I have Moose Racing Contour Handguards to protect levers and provide a mounting point for additional handguard accessories.
  • I also have Oxford heated grips used in conjuction with...
  • For cool weather (down to ~35ºF), Moose Racing Foam Handguardsto keep wind off my hands and deflect much of the rain outside of a downpour. (I just let my gloves & hands get wet in warm rain.)
  • For cold weather (below ~35º) I use Kolpin Geartector Mitts (modified for quick on & off) to keep all wind and all rain & roadspray off my hands.
The above setup gets me down to about 0ºF for local riding, of not more than an hour or two at a pop. If I were riding long durations in that kind of weather, I'd get heated gloves. But for my purposes, it works great. In seriously cold temps, the tips of my thumbs and pinkies sometimes get a bit cold since they have the least direct contact with the handlebar grips. But I don't find it uncomfortable, and it's relatively rare.

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
List your cold, warm and wet favourites and why!
Cold - British Motorcycle Gear Thermosport - Once it gets above 32 degrees F I can hardly stand to wear these. They are supposedly waterproof; but, I haven't tested that yet.

Warm - Right now it's kind of a tie. BMW/Motorad GS Pro - no gauntlet on these AND Klim Induction, white, with guantlet.

Wet - Triumph Triclimate - They have been waterproof and warm. They make a nice medium for me because they don't make me hot like the BMG Thermosport and thus have, in my opinion, a wider and more useful wet weather range.

·
Premium Member
7,775 Posts
I don't wear armored gloves although I may when my current collection wears out. I got tired of black hands when my hands got sweaty and poor construction. That may take time as I've been wearing the same gloves for over seven years. I finally had to replace the kangaroo gloves as they began to crack from all the salt build up

Presently my gloves are all by Geier

In summer I wear a pair of kangaroo roper style gloves

When it cools down a bit I wear a pair of elkskin ropers

When it gets really brisk I wear pair of buffalo hide gauntlets

·
Registered
326 Posts
All my gloves are black leather, non-armored. Not a brand snob, just whatever gets the best reviews on Amazon that is what I consider reasonably priced and in line with the riding I do. I don't think they are specific motorcycle gloves, but the full fingered gloves I have received a number of good reviews from motorcyclists as well as some from Motorcycle patrol, so that's good enough for me.

-Anything over 60 deg F half-finger leather gloves with no gauntlet.
-Down to about 45F I try to get by with full finger unlined leather gloves with a short gauntlet so I keep my dexterity
-Below 45 F gets the full-finger lined leather glove with medium gauntlet

No water proof gloves though. If I happen to get caught in rain (and I have before), then I've got bigger problems because I own no wet riding gear :)

·
Premium Member
4,103 Posts
Here's my current selection:

Cold weather: Tourmaster Winter Elite II (waterproof), second pair.

Cool weather: Cortech Scarab 2.0 Winter (waterproof)

In between weather: Harley-Davidson brand waterproof bought on sale when visiting H-D with son, and really comfortable and really waterproof

Summer weather: Cortech Injector

YMMV

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
I've got Aerostich Elkskin gauntlet gloves for warm weather and Warm and Safe heated gloves for cold.

Heated grips too!

I went through many pairs of warm weather gloves the type with mixed leather and fabric construction. Typically a seam would rip or the fabric would wear through from contact with a lever.

The Aerostich gloves don't wear out. Usually I replace them every 2-3 years because the leather has gotten dried to the point that even conditioning them doesn't get them soft as new, still serviceable though. I get the tan ones and they are fine when it's hot.

I don't plug in the heated gloves until temps are into the mid 40s. They are warm enough without power to transition from the Aerostich.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'm down to three pairs now:

Cold: Lee Parks DeerSports PCi. With muffs and heated grips, I've had no issues down to the 20s.

Warm: I alternate between Aerostich Elkskin competition ropers and Lee Parks DeerTours.

When my warm weather gloves wear out, I'll probably stick with just the Aerostich as a replacement. The DeerTours are beautiful and comfortable, but they're also 40% more expensive than the Aerostich ropers. (The Aerostich gloves are also very comfortable.)

When my cold weather gloves wear out, I'd be 50/50 between either replacing them with another set of DeerSports and trying the Aerostich insulated gauntlets.

·
Registered
273 Posts
My current go-to's are..

Aerostich elkskin ropers for daily riding when its warmer... https://www.aerostich.com/clothing/gloves/elkskin-and-deerskin-gloves/aerostich-elkskin-ropers.html

Aerostich merino wool lined elkskin gauntlets for when its colder... https://www.aerostich.com/clothing/gloves/elkskin-and-deerskin-gloves/aerostich-merino-wool-insulated-elkskin-gauntlets.html

and Olympia goretex 2 in 1 commander gauntlets for when its cold and wet... https://shop.olympiagloves.com/collections/waterproof-motorcycle-gloves/products/4298-gore-tex-2-in-1-commander

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
Another fan of the Aerostitch Elkskin Roper for winter, or lined buckskin, unlined buckskin for summer.
I'm fortunate to live in a relatively mild climate, I don't need anything warmer.
(heated grips help)

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
I'm down to three pairs now:

Cold: Lee Parks DeerSports PCi. With muffs and heated grips, I've had no issues down to the 20s.

Warm: I alternate between Aerostich Elkskin competition ropers and Lee Parks DeerTours.

When my warm weather gloves wear out, I'll probably stick with just the Aerostich as a replacement. The DeerTours are beautiful and comfortable, but they're also 40% more expensive than the Aerostich ropers. (The Aerostich gloves are also very comfortable.)

When my cold weather gloves wear out, I'd be 50/50 between either replacing them with another set of DeerSports and trying the Aerostich insulated gauntlets.

I've got a pair of the Aerostich insulated gauntlets. They aren't very warm. I had a pair of PCI gloves, can't remember the manufacturer but they were way warmer. They wore out pretty quick though so I bought the Aerostich, they weren't as warm and they were more expensive too.

That's when I bought my first pair of heated gloves ( followed shortly after by an electric jacket liner). Heated gear is a revelation one of those things like "sheesh why didn't I do this long ago?". Makes riding in the cold so much nicer.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm looking for a warm weather glove recommendation. Any good value gloves out there that really hit it out of the park? Is there a hive mind consensus on this? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,396 Posts
Only have 1 pair of gloves, Klim Dakar Pro, wear them all year round.
Use Rain Off over gloves if it looks like there will be a lot of rain otherwise don't bother.
Use Venture Heat glove liners for cold weather.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
3,392 Posts
I wear aerostich deerskin. 3 pairs, non gauntlet for hot, gauntlet for cool, I have insulated gauntlet for cold though I haven't used/tried those yet. Also I keep heated warm/safe for those rare occasions I get caught out when the sun goes down on a winters night. In the desert the wide temperature from day to night can easily be 50 F. A nice winter 70 F day in Death Valley can get to 20 F overnight.

no rain stuff as we don't get much of that. do enjoy watching it when/if it happens.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts