StromTrooper banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As posted elsewhere I'm planning to do a day (for me) run to Gloucester, via Karuah and some back roads to Waukivory, Gloucester for a latte etc then home via Rawdonvale time permitting.

Meet time and place will depend on whos interested, but I would like to start as early as possible.

yes there will dirt but nothing impossible for anyone, :fineprint:

I will still be riding if its damp (but not if its bucketing down), but will aviod the dirt.

·
Super Moderator
4,645 Posts
OK, what did you buy to replace the Wee? :fineprint:

·
Registered
2,258 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
New Bike

Go on Muddy, confess (lucky bathplug). Some must have missed previous confession. Pencil me in for Gloucester.

Cheers WARDY

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
G'day Muddy,

Yeah that ride sounds great.....although I get a bit concerned when you mention DIRT......I've seen some of your pictures Muddy:green_lol:

I went for a ride up to Glouster last Sunday with the Lower Hunter Ullysus group and it was a great day although we stuck to the blacktops....as you'd expect...most were cruisers and big heavy tourers.

I'll let you know towards end of the week.....gotta check with the Minister of last minute arrangements.

Cheers

Dave

·
Registered
515 Posts
Very nice... a two speed.

From all reports these things spend a fair bit of time on the back wheel. It's a good thing you've got that anti-falling-of-the-back device there.

I've been thinking of getting a bit dirtier myself... you can't deny your roots. :beatnik:

Try to control yourself,
Pete.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Sweet :thumbup:

I'm tempted to look at something along those lines too [well actually, I have been looking for a while for a more dirt oriented machine :fineprint: ].

Sorry to hear the ride is cancelled, I was going to look at my schedule to see if I could join in.

Hope all is ok for you Muddy and it is only something like a work issue rather than a more serious personal problem.

Ock.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
You been fiddlin again Muddy

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
All Ok Ock, its a KTM issue :headbang:
Ok, so I'd better stay over in the Suzuki/Kawasaki/Yamaha area of more off road oriented bikes :confused:

Hope you get it sorted soon.

I just mapped the ride from this end, interesting [I dragged the route in to the bush where google maps would let me but there is even better stuff it won't map :furious: ].

I would have had to do it as an overnighter though. :fineprint:

Keep it on the back burner for a future ride allowing some of us to overnight it from down this way and I will try to do it. :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
No, KTMs are fantastic!
I'm still leaning to the Honda Transalp 650 as good middle ground between my Wee-Strom and the old KLR650 I have.

Smooth V twin with similar reliability and road performance to the Strom with the dirt abilities close to the KLR.

The search for the "perfect" all round bike will be endless. :fineprint:
:green_lol:

·
Registered
231 Posts
sorry to hear the ride cancelled i got a leave pass for this one.........Keep Throwing Money .....their not that bad muddy but watch the wallet empty quicker with this weapon....if it ain't orange it's a lemon....haha:biggrinjester:

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
sorry to hear the ride cancelled i got a leave pass for this one.........Keep Throwing Money .....their not that bad muddy but watch the wallet empty quicker with this weapon....if it ain't orange it's a lemon....haha:biggrinjester:
yes know a thing or too about KTM syndrome this will be number 6

1 - 19 of 19 Posts