StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking around the stromtrooper site and did not know what a Glee was.
I found it referred to the Suzuki Gladius 650.
Lots of these running around Yorkshire, England.
At first i thought it was "one for the ladies" although i did like the style.
I had a test ride on a 2012 DL650 and within two weeks i bought one.
The engine was pinched from the Gladius and i must say its "FABULOUS".
I love my v strom.
I reckon the Gladius would be a really fun bike to ride with its lower height and
that stonking engine. And YES would be a great bike for those of reduced leg length.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
It's for that very reason I have kept my '07 SV650!
Lower height, good lean angles and lots of get up and go.
Torquey and fun!!

The dealer where I bought my Glee told me they won't call the it the Gladius anymore. It's the SVF650 now.

Have fun with the new ride! With the weather were having I've only been able to sit on mine in the garage and make "vroom vroom" noises.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Have fun with the new ride! With the weather were having I've only been able to sit on mine in the garage and make "vroom vroom" noises.
Sorry, can't resist the heckling :p

Come on now, the weather has been relatively cooperative in the last few weeks to get some decent rides under my belt.

Good to see someone else around the area with a 650, I seldom see other ones.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I had a Gladius for a while, if you could keep the noise the intake / exhaust make, and drop the snatchy throttle, it would make the Glee better IMO.

BTW you'd better get used to kilometers, degrees Fahrenheit, wine gallons etc as this is an international forum, though some do seem to forget :headbang:

·
1,323 Posts
Sorry, can't resist the heckling :p

Come on now, the weather has been relatively cooperative in the last few weeks to get some decent rides under my belt.

Good to see someone else around the area with a 650, I seldom see other ones.
I launched my DL650 from Westerville to the east and northeast a couple times this weekend and my CRF230L yesterday. Was awesome to get out and I even saw a couple of adventure bikes on Sunbury Road around 7 pm last night. Spring is almost here!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I launched my DL650 from Westerville to the east and northeast a couple times this weekend and my CRF230L yesterday. Was awesome to get out and I even saw a couple of adventure bikes on Sunbury Road around 7 pm last night. Spring is almost here!
I'm north of Westerville on 3, used to be out in New Albany. Any great roads nearby (not the hr+ down to HH) that I'm unaware of that you could suggest?

·
1,323 Posts
I'm north of Westerville on 3, used to be out in New Albany. Any great roads nearby (not the hr+ down to HH) that I'm unaware of that you could suggest?
Nice to meet you! I usually head out on 3, 62, 61, 161, 37, 605, 310, 661 and/or 13 and mix them up based on how long I want to ride. Sometimes I take smaller roads if I'm feeling a little more adventurous. When I ride I usually like to keep rolling at a decent clip, and those roads don't usually have much traffic. It's kind of stark riding right now, but when spring fully returns, there's plenty of farm land around, and I rather enjoy the smell of fresh barley, tilled soil, manure, streams, wood smoke...

How about you? Find some nice rides?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I work up in the New Albany area. I'll have to check some of those routes out too.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I was under the impression that "Glee" referred to the 2012+ DL650 (Wee2)... which *does* have a tweaked Gladius engine, but does not refer to the Gladius or SV650.

I really don't care one way or another... but, this Wee2 naming thing is getting old...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Nice to meet you! I usually head out on 3, 62, 61, 161, 37, 605, 310, 661 and/or 13 and mix them up based on how long I want to ride. Sometimes I take smaller roads if I'm feeling a little more adventurous. When I ride I usually like to keep rolling at a decent clip, and those roads don't usually have much traffic. It's kind of stark riding right now, but when spring fully returns, there's plenty of farm land around, and I rather enjoy the smell of fresh barley, tilled soil, manure, streams, wood smoke...

How about you? Find some nice rides?
With the exception of 13 those are most of the roads I'll typically take. I took 541 to Coshocton a couple years back, nice roads but locals out that way enjoy going left of center a bit too much for my tastes. Unfortunately compared to some riding I've done in other states most of the roads are pretty boring.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I was under the impression that "Glee" referred to the 2012+ DL650 (Wee2)... which *does* have a tweaked Gladius engine, but does not refer to the Gladius or SV650.

I really don't care one way or another... but, this Wee2 naming thing is getting old...
Yup "glee" is a nickname some have foisted on us to call out that the 12 and later bike vs the 04-11 model DL650. Silly to me but some folks like it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts