StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My glee had its headlights and screen changed a few weeks back (bloody van driver). Now at low revs something in front rattles. When I press the spedo with my hand while riding the noise stops, so obvious somethig is loose. Took to dealer, he checked, reopened, and tightened everything ( I was not present). But the rattle ia there. Any tips? Or anyone knows how to open the whole thing off?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fasteners are in place. Dealer says he has opened and tightened everything again. Its obvious something is not set in place. I think I need to do it myself so any tips on opening the panel would be great!

·
Registered
819 Posts
I recently did some work on my L4 and pulled the cowling to get access. I noticed that there are four metal tabs on the radiator that insert into a mate on the black portion of the side cowling (#7 and #8 on the side cowling fiche fig.53). There are suppose to be rubber bumpers on these tabs but all of mine had fallen off (#6 on the radiator parts fiche fig.19). Luckily I found them in a cavity below inside the cowling. I put them back on but I attached them with some black gasket sealant to hold them in place. Maybe yours are MIA and causing vibration of the front panel.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts